Using the temporary files from uniref90 search mode as the temporary files for uniref50 search mode

nmg...@163.com

Nov 21, 2019, 8:11:41 AM11/21/19
to HUMAnN Users
Hello,

Can I use the temporary files from uniref90 search mode as the temporary files for uniref50 search mode?

The code likes this:

humann2 --bypass-prescreen --bypass-nucleotide-index -i test.fasta -o humann2 --resume --threads 35 --search-mode uniref50

And humann2 bypassed nucleotide search and translated search automatically.

Is it feasible?

Thanks!

Mort

Lauren McIver

Nov 21, 2019, 3:23:35 PM11/21/19
to HUMAnN Users
Hello Mort, With that setting most of the options that are changed are filters applied after running the searches. The only difference would be for uniref50 we add the "--sensitive" option when running translated search and for that reason I would have you consider rerunning just the translated portion of the workflow if you are going to change the search mode (instead of reusing the previous intermediate output files).

Thanks!
Lauren