A personal farewell to HPO

vonvegas

Jun 28, 2012, 6:56:19 AM6/28/12
With Tim Skirvin's announcement that he'll step
down as moderator, it may be that HPO has run
its course. Further, despite my reasonable
state of health for an old guy, it is becoming
less and less plausible that I'll be posting
much or anywhere in the future. So, while there
is still time, this is a personal thank you to
all the varied and wonderful characters that
have inhabited this forum. You have all
enriched my intellectual life.

Permit me a short reminiscence, please: I first
came aboard when the Speichers, Bob Kolker,
Chris Cathcart, Fred Weiss, Ken Gardener, Jim
Klein and Gordon Sollars were perhaps the most
prevalent posters. I soon became embroiled with
the latter and while thoroughly rejecting his
Popperism I still have great respect for his
abilities, almost always gentlemanly demeanor
and above all a great sense of humor.

But even funnier are his epistemological views. :-)
Seriously tho, and humour is a serious business,
the funniest person on HPO, by far, was Charles
Novins!

Later, I became aware of and interacted with the
three Marks, (Young, Nordberg and Sieving)
Arnold de Broese, James Prescott, Agent Cooper,
Malenor, Charles Novins, Dave Odden, Don
Watkins, Bill Buchner, Puppet Sock, Potroast,
Charles Bell and others. I learned something of
value from all of you. But of all the posters, I
learned the most, as so many of us who care to
admit it have, from Jim Klein.

But the person from whom I perhaps learned the
most, never posted here. Instead her bright lite
still shines and serves as inspiration for fora
such as this. Thank you Ayn Rand.

Vonvegas

Charles Bell

Jun 28, 2012, 7:09:06 AM6/28/12
On Jun 28, 6:56 am, vonvegas <vonve...@cox.net> wrote:
> it is becoming
> less and less plausible that I'll be posting
> much or anywhere in the future.

Thank Rand for small mercies.

Should the desire ever arise, it'll be a more difficult task to rid
a.p.o. of the anti-semites there than to have yelled to Boo! to
intellectually bankrupt and morally vapid vonvegas and see him scurry
away.

Tim

Jun 28, 2012, 1:15:15 PM6/28/12

"Charles Bell" wrote in message
--------------------------

The entire objectivist collective is intellectually bankrupt, charlie brown.
While this place is nothing more than a hang out for dolts who want to
parrot rand while maintaining that they are thinking for themselves, you
being the example par excellence.

Charles Bell

Jun 28, 2012, 4:30:00 PM6/28/12
On Jun 28, 1:15 pm, Tim <a...@b.com> wrote:
> While this place is nothing more than a hang out for dolts who want to
> parrot rand while maintaining that they are thinking for themselves, you
> being the example par excellence.

Thank God for a small mercy that the gamut of all the one-trick ponies
from intellectual snobs, who know nothing that is not discoursed from
other intellectual snobs, like vonvegas, to retarded Timmy will not
be posting under the heading of a "moderated" Objectivism group.

Tim

Jun 29, 2012, 12:21:56 AM6/29/12

"Charles Bell" wrote in message
-----------------

So, just to clarify, since you parrot rand, you don't have to worry about
being anywhere near the playing field of intellectualism. That's good,
charlie brown, I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome from all the other
non-thinking types in your new moderated home. Be sure to say high to all of
those non-talking talking savages.

Charles Bell

Jun 29, 2012, 5:49:33 AM6/29/12
On Jun 29, 12:21 am, Tim <a...@b.com> wrote: