"Wagner’s Wesendonck Lieder - A survey of recordings" (recent article)

gggg gggg

Apr 1, 2021, 9:51:06 AM4/1/21
Message has been deleted

gggg gggg

Apr 1, 2021, 11:18:40 AM4/1/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

Am I the only one who was surprised that none of Tiana Lemnitz's recordings were mentioned?

gggg gggg

Apr 11, 2021, 11:02:45 PM4/11/21

gggg gggg

May 19, 2021, 10:39:04 AM5/19/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Frida Leider; "WESENDONCK LIEDER"; (Selections); Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Jun 17, 2021, 5:39:09 PM6/17/21

gggg gggg

Jun 17, 2021, 5:48:17 PM6/17/21

gggg gggg

Jun 19, 2021, 6:50:47 PM6/19/21

gggg gggg

Jun 19, 2021, 6:53:22 PM6/19/21

gggg gggg

Aug 1, 2021, 11:23:36 AM8/1/21

gggg gggg

Aug 7, 2021, 9:13:46 PM8/7/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Marlis Petersen; "Träume"; WESENDONCK LIEDER; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Aug 11, 2021, 4:56:55 PM8/11/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Stuart Skelton; "WESENDONCK LIEDER"; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Oct 25, 2021, 1:05:00 PM10/25/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Martha Mödl; "Im Treibhaus"; WESENDONCK LIEDER; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Oct 26, 2021, 9:22:59 AM10/26/21

gggg gggg

Oct 29, 2021, 12:38:38 PM10/29/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Maria Müller; "Im Treibhaus"; WESENDONCK LIEDER; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Nov 17, 2021, 12:40:16 AM11/17/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Michelle DeYoung; "WESENDONCK LIEDER"; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Nov 28, 2021, 11:47:56 AM11/28/21
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Jenufa Gleich; "WESENDONCK LIEDER"; Richard Wagner

gggg gggg

Mar 15, 2022, 1:56:14 AM3/15/22
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Recent Youtube upload):

Wagner: Wesendonck Lieder, WWV 91 - 3. Im Treibhaus (Orch. Mottl)

[Lise Davidsen]

gggg gggg

Jun 26, 2022, 11:59:52 PM6/26/22
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Youtube upload):

"ELISABETH RETHBERG SINGS-SCHMERZEN-richard wagner 1941 BROADCAST.."

gggg gggg

Jul 28, 2022, 6:24:40 PM7/28/22

gggg gggg

Sep 14, 2022, 2:49:11 AM9/14/22
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Youtube upload):

"Eileen Farrell sings "Schmerzen" and "Im Treibhaus" by Wagner - LIVE!"

gggg gggg

Oct 24, 2022, 11:16:33 PM10/24/22
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

This discography from "The Classical Music Guide Forums" may be of interest:

http://classicalmusicguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21563

gggg gggg

Mar 11, 2023, 1:42:30 PM3/11/23
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(2023 Youtube upload):

"Marilyn Horne; "WESENDONCK LIEDER"; Richard Wagner"

gggg gggg

Mar 11, 2023, 2:13:38 PM3/11/23
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

(Youtube upload):

"Wagner: Wesendonck Lieder, WWV. 91 - III. Im Treibhaus (Transcr. Gottwald for Vocal)"

gggg gggg

May 8, 2023, 4:01:09 AM5/8/23
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2021/Mar/Wagner-Wesendonck-survey.htm

The Chatbot's BARD favorite recording:

My favorite recording of the Wesendonck Lieder is the one by Jessye Norman with Gerald Moore on piano. Norman is an American soprano with a rich, powerful voice. She is known for her interpretations of dramatic roles, but she also has a gift for lyricism. In the Wesendonck Lieder, she brings out the beauty and passion of the music with great skill and artistry.

Moore is a British pianist who is known for his sensitive and intelligent accompaniments. He is a perfect match for Norman, and their partnership creates a truly magical performance.

The recording is available on the Philips label. It includes all five songs, and it is a must-have for any fan of Wagner or the Wesendonck Lieder.

Here are some other recordings of the Wesendonck Lieder that I recommend:

Nina Stemme with Leif Ove Andsnes (EMI)
Anne Sofie von Otter with Bengt Forsbacka (BIS)
Waltraud Meier with Daniel Barenboim (DG)
Karita Mattila with Leif Ove Andsnes (Decca)
Dame Janet Baker with Gerald Moore (EMI)

I hope you enjoy listening to these recordings as much as I do!