"Shakespeare and the Elizabethan Reformation Literary Negotiation of Religious Difference" (2022 book)

gggg gggg

Sep 10, 2022, 5:11:20 PM9/10/22

John W Kennedy

Sep 10, 2022, 7:43:41 PM9/10/22
On 9/10/22 5:11 PM, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781666902082/Shakespeare-and-the-Elizabethan-Reformation-Literary-Negotiation-of-Religious-Difference

“Believe this, not because it is true, but for some other reason.” Oh
Mount Purgatory! Here we are in “Screwtape”!

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

bookburn

Sep 11, 2022, 2:12:59 PM9/11/22
Might serve to look at how Hamlet, a student at Wittenburg, where the Reformation started with Martin Luther, comes to deal with what's rotten in Denmark, the court and its courtiers, and his conscience regarding revenge, jousting, and dueling, as Elizabeth I admonished.