"Can we learn from Shakespeare about the causes and prevention of violence?"

gggg gggg

Dec 8, 2021, 3:08:42 AM12/8/21

John W Kennedy

Dec 8, 2021, 6:06:38 PM12/8/21
On 12/8/21 3:08 AM, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/holding-a-mirror-up-to-nature-james-gilligan/1139857615?ean=9781108970396

“Dr. Watts, ... has asked the senseless question:
‘Why should I deprive my neighbor Of his goods against his will?’
Fancy that as an argument for Honesty! His position seems to be ‘I’m
only honest because I see no reason to steal.’ And the thief’s answer is
of course complete and crushing. ‘I deprive my neighbor his goods
because I want them myself. And I do it against his will because there’s
no chance of getting him to consent to it!’”

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,