Out, Out Brief Candle.

Stephen Neuendorffer

Mar 4, 2022, 9:05:56 PM3/4/22
Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that my dad Art Neuendorffer died peacefully this afternoon after his health quickly deteriorated last week.
His passion for Shakespeare, et cetera, filled much of his time in retirement and he greatly appreciated this group. Whether you found his ideas intriguing or bizarre, you formed a good part of what I think of as my dad's own little secret society. Please pass the news in other groups that have appreciated his wit, puzzling, and reflections.

Rest assured that although his BONES will remain here, he will EVER live in our memory. Of course, his actual resting place will only be found by heroically solving a sequence of increasingly challenging hidden puzzles, navigating ingeniously laid traps, and perhaps outwitting a conspiracy or two along the way!

The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.

Stephen Neuendorffer

Margaret

Mar 5, 2022, 6:48:09 AM3/5/22
Thank you for letting us know. Those for whom William Shakespeare is the stuff of life appreciate the passion those words can drive and make life worth living to the very end.

Fear no more the heat o’ the sun,
Nor the furious winter’s rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta’en thy wages:
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Dennis

Mar 5, 2022, 5:48:43 PM3/5/22
Hello Stephen,
Thank you for letting us know about your father. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Art made an enormous impression upon me with his tremendous wit, good nature and energy. His postings have sparked many fascinating avenues of reading and research and I will miss his inspirational presence on this board very much. I wish you and your family peace during this sad time.
Nicole Doyle

Gary

Mar 6, 2022, 1:13:13 AM3/6/22
I'm sorry to learn of the passing of your father.

My condolences to you and your family.

- Gary Kosinsky

bookburn

Mar 8, 2022, 5:35:45 PM3/8/22
I remember Art's posts and understand that those who heard him speak were likewise impressed. Appreciate his son's message to us. R.I.P., Art.

nordicskiv2

Mar 8, 2022, 9:17:38 PM3/8/22
I'm very sorry to hear this -- I found Art creative and amusing (although I always strongly suspected that he was trolling). My condolences.

BCD

Apr 4, 2022, 7:00:04 PM4/4/22
***For those of us who were longtime habitués of HLAS, this is saddening
to hear, and melancholy to reflect on. Thanks for your care in letting
us know--my heartfelt condolences to you.

***Perhaps now he is privy to the answers to the great mysteries which
intrigued him for so long! He'll be remembered with affection and warmth.

--BCD

Stephen Neuendorffer

May 1, 2022, 7:51:21 PM5/1/22
Hi everyone,

My dad collected many Shakespeare-related books over the years, ranging from academic critiques and analyses to books on the authorship question, esoteric societies, etc.
Probably 5-6 bankers boxes.
We'd like them to go to someone who would appreciate them: suggestions welcome. Preference for someone local to the Washington DC area who would show up and cart
everything away. :) Please contact off list if you're interested: (firstname...@gmail.com)

Steve

Margaret

May 2, 2022, 11:06:24 AM5/2/22
Maybe the Folger would be interested - or knows someone who is...

Stephen Neuendorffer

May 2, 2022, 12:11:18 PM5/2/22
The folger tends to be weird about authorship related things.. Some might find a home
there, but most would probably be deemed heretical :)

Steve