"12 Ancient Greek Terms that Should Totally Make a Comeback"

gggg gggg

May 18, 2023, 3:28:43 AM5/18/23

Ed Cryer

May 18, 2023, 6:43:27 AM5/18/23
gggg gggg wrote:
> https://classicalwisdom.substack.com/p/12-ancient-greek-terms-that-should?ref=thebrowser.com

These all look good to me. They appear all over ancient Greek texts,
particularly amongst the philosophers.
As for a "comeback", if they did, they'd come forward to societies with
very different behavioural and moral codes, and the meaning would change
quite drastically.

I've travelled around remote parts of Greece and the islands, and I've
often felt to have moved into a world where these words still mean
almost what they did back in the 5th and 4th centuries BC; especially ξενία.

Ed