Why is Western philosophy dominant?

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2020, 2:34:59 AM10/28/20

Ed Cryer

Oct 28, 2020, 7:39:07 AM10/28/20
gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://troymedia.com/politicslaw/reason-western-philosophy-dominant/#.X5kQllhKjIU

Ex Libris

"But the reason so many students and migrants from around the world are
drawn to the west is our humanistic values, rooted in the importance
westerners place on the individual. White men have dominated western
philosophy, but the ideas that emerged from those men continue to
underpin our civilization. They deserve a special place in the highest
institutions of learning."

Hear, hear.

Ed

safi

Apr 16, 2021, 5:08:40 AMApr 16
On 10/28/20 11:34 AM, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://troymedia.com/politicslaw/reason-western-philosophy-dominant/#.X5kQllhKjIU

I think the Greek philosophy have a big part to play in it because they
are popular in both in Europe and the Middle East since ever.

Simon K

Apr 16, 2021, 2:30:21 PMApr 16
I think it also help that a lot of the original text still survices and can be scrutinised - albeit it Greek or Latin.

safi

Apr 17, 2021, 1:32:50 AMApr 17
yeah true