Learning Bulgarian and Russian simultaneously

瀏覽次數:87 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

xanc

未讀,
2009年12月18日 晚上7:38:322009/12/18
收件者:Huliganov and friends
Good day fellow language learners and enthusiasts,

I have recently moved to Bulgaria. I have to learn Bulgarian because I
need it to live here but I also have to learn Russian because I will
need it for my line of work in years to come.

Bulgarian and Russian are sometimes very close and at other times very
far apart from each other! I am not sure if it is a good idea to try
and juggle both of them in my head at the same time? I am German, so I
have no major problems with the pronunciation of slavic languages.
Thanks to mainly the excellent Huliganov vids I can now read cyrillic
fairly well and have learned a great deal about the basics of the
Russian language.

But I have only just begun to format the "slavic partition" on my
cerebral hard disk, and I want to do it right the first time.
I regard Russian as the superior language of the two. Russian is also
more downward compatible to Bulgarian than Bulgarian is upward
compatible to Russian I think. Am I right in thinking that if I will
focus on the Russian language the Bulgarian will sort of fall into
place over time without too much of a struggle?

I understand that some of the vocabulary is quite different between
the two languages. I wonder if it is a good idea to learn two sets of
vocabulary at once? For example "goldlisting": cat, котка, кошка.

Please let me know your opinions.

мира и понимания,
Ханс

Viktor D. Huliganov

未讀,
2010年1月9日 下午6:03:332010/1/9
收件者:Huliganov and friends
Personally, I would advise you to concentrate on Bulgarian for now,
and if you become good enough to learn Russian using Bulgarian
materials once you know about 10,000 words of Bulgarian, then that's
your best route to avoid interference. Slavic languages do interfere
strongly with each other if you don't have a Slavic mother tongue, and
therefore learning two at once is not a great idea. While being in
Bulgaria you might like to look at Turkish if you want a second
language, as a lot of the structures and the vocab that are in
Bulgarian and not in Russian, for example the reportative voice, will
become philologically clear to you, if that is not a contradiction in
terms, from studying Turkish.

VDH

> vocabulary at once? For example "goldlisting": cat, ËÏÔËÁ, ËÏÛËÁ.

> Please let me know your opinions.
>

> ÍÉÒÁ É ÐÏÎÉÍÁÎÉÑ,
> èÁÎÓ

Jonathan McLaren

未讀,
2010年1月6日 晚上9:29:342010/1/6
收件者:Huliganov and friends
привет!

Bulgarian was the first Cyrillic language I began with, but I later
moved to Russian study as it seemed more practical. While I have much
more to learn, I agree that both languages have many similarities.

If you are looking for a pen pal for practice, feel free to write. I
also have interest in German. I speak French also, and can offer some
insight on Arabic, Hebrew, and Hindi.

Удачи!

回覆所有人
回覆作者