Syntax

lepensuer

Sep 28, 2009, 11:29:32 AM9/28/09
to Huliganov and friends
In my Russian learning, all the books and materials that I got say
that the word order doesn't matter. However, I found this website that
says that the word order should be: subject, adverb, verb, and
complement Now I am confused! What do I'm missing? That's the
link ... is in Spanish

http://www.aulafacil.com/Ruso/Lecciones ... 1-ruso.htm

Any help pleeeaaassseee!

Viktor D. Huliganov

Nov 25, 2009, 11:27:22 AM11/25/09
to Huliganov and friends
In a simple sentence, the word order you were given is sound and
neutral. Changing the word order simply changes the point of emphasis.

Something at either the beginning or the end of a sentence will be
more emphatic if it is there in defiance of the usual word order
given.

The other thing is that turning a sentence into a question can bring
the verb forward. On ee znaet. Razve on ee znaet? Znaet li on ee?

VDH