[hugvan] Group changes

Jon

May 19, 2010, 5:43:42 PM5/19/10
to Vancouver Haskell Programmers Group
Hi All,

For all practical purposes, I've stopped using Haskell and will
probably not pick it back up in the future, so if anyone here has the
desire to take over organizing this group, email me, and I'll be happy
to make a group annoucement. You can organize and promote it however
you see fit.

Alternatively, if anyone is serious about running with this group as a
general Functional Programming group, let me know, and I can change
the group name and related messages to reflect that focus. I started
this group out of my specific interest in Haskell and felt like a
Funtional Programming group would be too broad, as no one would be on
the same page when it came to the interesting bits of the language,
but as it turned out, the meetings were small and informal, and
conversations generally turned to comparing and contrasting all the
different languages anyway.

31 are subscribed to this group and 3-6 have been attending the
monthly meetings. I don't need to say it, but you guys are all highly
intelligent and deserve the best.

Cheers,
Jon