Hugin to correct Iphone panorama fisheye distortion

Tony Denzer

Nov 21, 2022, 1:10:39 AM11/21/22
Hello,
Amateur-level question.
Can Hugin be used to correct (to make 'orthogonal') a single iphone panorama image (such as this) where there is great fisheye/barrel distortion?
What are the lens properties of an already-stitched-by-iphone image?
I've experimented for hours. I can make small improvements, and can make verticals vertical, but can't figure out how to make the horizontal lines horizontal (or even diminishing-but-straight).
Thanks for any guidance!

Bruno Postle

Nov 21, 2022, 1:48:26 AM11/21/22
This looks like a cylindrical panorama, ie. Set the projection of the input photo to cylindrical and the output panorama to rectilinear - Bruno

Tony Denzer

Nov 21, 2022, 8:27:15 PM11/21/22
Yes that was helpful - thank you!