batch processing same numbered images

Maarten Verberne

Jan 2, 2023, 6:12:50 AM1/2/23
naturally, first of all I wish you all a very good year with progress.

i have 2 folders, left and right.
both are filled with identical numbered images, starting at 0001:
IMG_XXXX.JPG

i created a pto file and made a series of those for the gui batch processor.
however, it has a hard time loading all those files.
so, i was wondering, could i accomplish stitching each set in a smarter way?
if so, how would i go about it?
Maarten

T. Modes

Jan 4, 2023, 12:04:05 PM1/4/23
mpgve...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 2. Januar 2023 um 12:12:50 UTC+1:
Hi,
naturally, first of all I wish you all a very good year with progress.

i have 2 folders, left and right.
both are filled with identical numbered images, starting at 0001:
IMG_XXXX.JPG

i created a pto file and made a series of those for the gui batch processor.
however, it has a hard time loading all those files.
I don't know what you mean with "hard time".
In this case create the pto file for the files in "left" folder and save the pto file in the same! folder ("left").
Then copy this pto file with a file manager to the "right" folder.
Then you can add both pto file to the batch processor.

T. Modes

Mar 2, 2023, 2:07:54 PM3/2/23

mpgve...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 2. Januar 2023 um 12:12:50 UTC+1:
i have 2 folders, left and right.
both are filled with identical numbered images, starting at 0001:
IMG_XXXX.JPG

i created a pto file and made a series of those for the gui batch processor.
however, it has a hard time loading all those files.
so, i was wondering, could i accomplish stitching each set in a smarter way?

I added a new function to PTBatcherGUI. It can now automatic generate a list of panoramas if the image are named after a schema. It should also work with your left/right folders
It is in the default branch.
This should help to generate the necessary files for task.

This is a first working prototype. If something is missing it should be easier to extend this new function.

Maarten Verberne

Mar 2, 2023, 4:10:51 PM3/2/23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
that's great.
however it'll take a few weeks until i have a batch of testing material.
but i'll let you know how it turns out.

just finished my last batch with a command line script that just ups the
image number for the 2 folders and that also works very well, although
not for a nvidea card....never found out what is the issue with that.

PanoSeek

Mar 2, 2023, 4:48:18 PM3/2/23
Hello,

I had a similar need to process panos in batches.  I am still working on the documentation, but most of the details are on my github here - https://github.com/RookieITSec/HuginPanoScript

If you take a look and have suggestions, I would love to make it better!

Maarten Verberne

Apr 24, 2023, 5:54:43 AM4/24/23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
today i finally got my system to start sorting the images...hopefully it
will be finished by nightfall.
since the last installer is Hugin-2022.0.0-win64.msi, I'm assuming i
have to build it myself from Hugin_2023.0beta0b.zip ?

that's going to be experimental for me ;)

T. Modes

Apr 24, 2023, 2:27:17 PM4/24/23
mpgve...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 24. April 2023 um 11:54:43 UTC+2:
since the last installer is Hugin-2022.0.0-win64.msi, I'm assuming i
have to build it myself from Hugin_2023.0beta0b.zip ?
No. This archive contains the Windows 64 executable.
From the other thread:
Extract to a new folder and run PTBatcherGUI from there. For a first test don't overwrite any existing installation. (I've done no installer on purpose.)
For information: In Hugin 2023.0 the file format of the batch queue will change. So the new version will have it's own queue. And the old version will not read the new format.

Maarten Verberne

Apr 24, 2023, 4:45:50 PM4/24/23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
since the images are sorted, I've just started: generating sequence from
sequence.
tried using the template.pto that i've been using for the cmd line stitch.

however, i can't seem to get the syntax right when i try to change
sequence image name to an iterating sequence.

my images are numbered equally eg.
left/IMG_0001.jpg, right/IMG_0001.jpg, running up to IMG_2880.jpg

so i tried:
left/IMG_%04i.jpg
right/IMG_%04p.jpg

but apparantly i've got it wrong as it generates:
left\IMG_%04i.JPG <-- File not found
right\IMG_%04p.JPG <-- File not found

and if i try %i and %p it starts at 0, but i can tackle that with a
dummy image if needed.

suggestions are welcome, even if that's telling me i'm going about this
the wrong way :)
Maarten

T. Modes

Apr 25, 2023, 11:43:16 AM4/25/23
mpgve...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 24. April 2023 um 22:45:50 UTC+2:
however, i can't seem to get the syntax right when i try to change
sequence image name to an iterating sequence.

my images are numbered equally eg.
left/IMG_0001.jpg, right/IMG_0001.jpg, running up to IMG_2880.jpg

Set the %p variables in the top part: offset with 0, step 1, end 2880, number of digits 4
For this use case the counter %i and %x can be ignored.

As name template use
left/IMG_%p.jpg
right/IMG_%p.jpg

see attached screenshot.
(By testing I'm have seen that the original filename in the template is not shown correctly. But it shown currently work and I will fix it.)

gen_seq.png