Question about some enblend command line options

David W. Jones

Aug 22, 2021, 3:36:53 AM8/22/21
to hugin-ptx
My present enblend settings include these:

--no-ciecam --blend-colorspace=CIELAB --blend-colorspace=identity

enblend v4.2 tells me that the no-ciecam will be withdrawn in the next
version, and to use blend-colorspace. But it appears blend-colorspace
takes options, and somehow mine has got two entries, one saying
"identity", the other saying "CIELAB".

Enblend help mentions two others, CIELUV and CIECAM.

I shoot raw frames and output them as 16-bit TIFF.

Should I have only blend-colorspace setting? If so, which should I use?

Thanks.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

dkloi

Aug 22, 2021, 2:14:41 PM8/22/21
You should only have one option for the blending colour space. Maybe enblend ignores the previous options?

I use "--blend-colorspace=identity" as I have experienced artefacts with the default settings. Seems to blend fine, the colour differences between frames are usually minor so using "identity", even though probably "wrong" from a colourmetric point of view, seems to be good enough for my (non professional) purposes. YMMV.