PPA trouble?

Paul Womack

Oct 8, 2020, 10:48:14 AM10/8/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I have just done an install of Lubuntu 20, and was following the instructions from the launchpad PPA site:

https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds

I did this:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/hugin-builds

but got the error/warning message:

Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/hugin/hugin-builds/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Can anyone advise how I persuade my system to use this PPA?
  BugBear

Gunter Königsmann

Oct 8, 2020, 12:08:45 PM10/8/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, Paul Womack
That is simple: your lubuntu is based on a ubuntu version the ppa contains no build for.
The error message is nearly impossible to understand right, though...

Kind regards,

Gunter.

Pieter Lenaerts

Jun 6, 2021, 3:57:23 AM6/6/21