Insta360 One R dual lens image stitching

robert...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2023, 8:02:24 AM3/23/23
Hi!
I don't have much experience with dual lens cameras and need some
guidance regarding the Hugin workflow.
What are the lens parameters? It's over 180 FOV, but I can find the
exact numbers.

I'm also a bit stumped regarding crop/mask settings.

A profile would be perfect!

Thanks!

T. Modes

Mar 23, 2023, 12:32:09 PM3/23/23
An example image would be nice (preferred is a link, this is a mailing list, don't attach big images to a mail) .
Otherwise it's only guessing.

Hugin ships with the dual lens assistant. But not sure if the assistant matches to your camera.
There is also some discussion on the list, e.g. https://groups.google.com/g/hugin-ptx/c/vYeBUu7_7Ic/m/hDy5vzKWBgAJ

Gunter Königsmann

Mar 23, 2023, 12:49:54 PM3/23/23
to T. Modes, hugin and other free panoramic software
Normally both pictures of such a camera have a black border around it. If you don't use a mask to tell hugin that this border isn't part of the real picture hugin will try to match the black borders to each other, not the picture contents. For the rest of you give hugin a rough guess of the parameters and a few control points in which the pictures match hugin os good in optimizing the lens parameters until they match the lens.

robert...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2023, 1:14:39 PM3/23/23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I tried the assistant, but did not get useful results.
For some reason I forgot to upload a sample, here it is now:

JPG:
https://mega.nz/file/uM1ikTqa#ew5-8rNCV79EPRxyeYtUQ3nzSNaQeolWjTjDSze2gAo
> --
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/7b2076da-37a3-4553-a5f9-8f39959cd7afn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/7b2076da-37a3-4553-a5f9-8f39959cd7afn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

T. Modes

Mar 23, 2023, 3:37:27 PM3/23/23
robert...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 23. März 2023 um 18:14:39 UTC+1:
Hi!
I tried the assistant, but did not get useful results.
it is the same problem as in the linked thread. The dual lens assistant was written for horizontal divided images. But your images are vertical divided.

Attached you will find a pto file for a first try. It is not yet perfect, but it may be a starting point. You would need a better scene where more details are visible in the overlap area. This image has not enough details in the overlap. There are only some areas which can be used, so it can not be fully optimized.

test.pto