Hugin 2020.0.0 released

T. Modes

Dec 12, 2020, 8:40:30 AM12/12/20
Hi all,

after a long beta 1 phase without bugs reported we are releasing today Hugin 2020.0.0

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2020.0/hugin-2020.0.0.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2020.0/2020.0/+download/hugin-2020.0.0.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5:
59e152871b74fb071bc086fc23a4774a  hugin-2020.0.0.tar.bz2
sha1:
20e39ab82e1d8208a7eee2f216ab1271c95f583f  hugin-2020.0.0.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The 2020.0.0 release correspond to changeset 2f576e5d5b4ain our repository, which is also tagged as 2020.0.0).

Changes since 2020.0 beta1
* Updated translations
* Fix for initialisation of OpenGL on MacOS only

Changes since 2019.2
* Fixes fast preview on HiDPI screens under GTK+3 and MacOS.
* Make fast preview screen zoomable with mouse wheel.
* Make hugin_hdrmerge aware of cropped intermediate images.
* Several improvements for command line tools (pto_var, pto_move, pto_gen, autooptimiser).
* More checks in GUI for strange user input.
* Several bug fixes.

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

The release notes can now also be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2020.0.0/

MD5 checksum
eeb38d2fdae6874939dfdf2ad66ef313  Hugin-2020.0.0-win64.msi

Stanley Green

Dec 12, 2020, 9:33:22 AM12/12/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for all the work you guys have been doing.

I was able to download, but it does not seem to install on my Mac (Big Sur).

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Bruno Postle

Dec 12, 2020, 1:48:46 PM12/12/20
Thanks Thomas!

2020.0.0 will be in the upcoming fedora 34. For current versions of
fedora there are 2020.0.0 packages in the panorama copr repository:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/

--
Bruno

On Sat 12-Dec-2020 at 05:40 -0800, Thomas Modes wrote:

>after a long beta 1 phase without bugs reported we are releasing today
>Hugin 2020.0.0

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Dec 12, 2020, 7:43:26 PM12/12/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 5:40:30 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after a long beta 1 phase without bugs reported we are releasing today
> Hugin 2020.0.0

It builds out of the box. But where are the man pages? They were
there in the beta.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

Bruno Postle

Dec 13, 2020, 4:18:17 AM12/13/20
to Hugin ptx
On Sun 13-Dec-2020 at 11:43 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 5:40:30 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> after a long beta 1 phase without bugs reported we are releasing today
>> Hugin 2020.0.0
>
>It builds out of the box. But where are the man pages? They were
>there in the beta.

The man pages are ok here. They are not normally shipped in the
tar.bz2 source release, as they are created during the build by the
pod2man tool.

--
Bruno
https://bitbucket.org/brunopostle/urb/wiki/Start

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Dec 13, 2020, 5:53:40 AM12/13/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, 13 December 2020 at 9:18:08 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Sun 13-Dec-2020 at 11:43 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 5:40:30 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> after a long beta 1 phase without bugs reported we are releasing today
>>> Hugin 2020.0.0
>>
>> It builds out of the box. But where are the man pages? They were
>> there in the beta.
>
> The man pages are ok here. They are not normally shipped in the
> tar.bz2 source release, as they are created during the build by the
> pod2man tool.

Yes, that's what seems to have happened so far. But since 2020.0.0
the build doesn't build the man page any more. I didn't want to debug
the build process. In each case I did a 'make all'. The beta version
built the man pages (it seems), while the release version didn't.
signature.asc

T. Modes

Dec 17, 2020, 11:34:04 AM12/17/20
Groogle schrieb am Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2020 um 11:53:40 UTC+1:
But since 2020.0.0
the build doesn't build the man page any more. I didn't want to debug
the build process. In each case I did a 'make all'. The beta version
built the man pages (it seems), while the release version didn't.
But there were no changes to the build system or the code between this 2 points.
So it is very difficult to debug this without more information.