Dark UI for Hugin / skins

Abrimaal

Jul 23, 2018, 9:58:53 AM7/23/18
I have just read the topic on aligning stars. I sometimes work with night panoramas, where the I add and adjust control points and masks manually.
Changing the whole Windows theme is uncomfortable, when working with other applications at once (image viewer, Windows explorer...)
Is it easy to create a dark skin interface for Hugin? In what software could I try doing this?
or maybe such skins already exist?

Bobbster Lobster

May 13, 2021, 2:18:32 PM5/13/21
I made a poor very hackish dark theme by simply editing some of the XRC and resource files. I found that the background of only some panels can be changed though, hence the patchy look.

The results are... mediocre xD. Does anyone know a better way to do this? Cheers

Screenshot 2020-12-31 180545.jpg

Bobbster Lobster

May 13, 2021, 2:32:13 PM5/13/21
To use my theme, replace the xrc folder in your Hugin installation (usually C:\Program Files\Hugin\share\hugin) with the dark theme xrc folder linked here. To make your own modifications to the background color of a given panel, open the appropriate XRC file (just try a bunch) in any text editor and search for  <bg># . What comes after the # is the color in hex encoding. I used #A9A9A9 which is a medium grey. You can use this site to find a color you like and its corresponding hex encoding.