hugin on Mac catalina simple interface redrawing issues

Mike Maas

Feb 6, 2020, 2:48:21 AM2/6/20
After initiating a new panorama using the simple interface initial presentation of the result looks appropriate aside from the size.  Usually it is a small rendition using only a small  portion of the available space.  When attempting to adjust the image via the move drag button the image frequently disappears completely leaving only the blue lines that show the perspective.  Sometimes it will reappear when the image is refreshed by the center or fit buttons but not always.  The scaling guides on the side and bottom also do not work correctly.  I've attached a couple of images although I suspect you already have test mules ready to go.

There have also been other problems described in a thread on dpreview here:  https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4454446#forum-post-63469692

Here is my environment:

Operating System: macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D76)
Architecture: 64 bit
Free memory: 0 kiB

Hugin
Version: 2019.2.0.b690aa0334b5 built by Niklas Mischkulnig
Path to resources: /private/var/folders/2x/jjnj00011fs0lzy422wnx6dw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/67DCFD8A-0682-4EC5-B52C-26A7332B9C9F/d/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/xrc/
Path to data: /private/var/folders/2x/jjnj00011fs0lzy422wnx6dw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/67DCFD8A-0682-4EC5-B52C-26A7332B9C9F/d/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/xrc/
Hugins camera and lens database: /Users/michaelmaas/.hugindata/camlens.db
Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP
Monitor profile: /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Color LCD-3B531320-1900-4452-74F6-225B449883DD.icc

Libraries
wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.1.3
wxWidgets Library (wxMac port)
Version 3.1.3 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 0),
compiled at Dec 15 2019 13:14:03

Runtime version of toolkit used is 10.15.

libpano13: 2.9.19
Boost: 1.71.0
Exiv2: 0.27.2
SQLite3: 3.28.0
Vigra: 1.11.1
LittleCMS2: 2.9

SDIM4468.JPG
SDIM4469.JPG

T. Modes

Feb 6, 2020, 12:05:32 PM2/6/20
Is this on a HIDPI monitor?
If so, then we need some more changes to the code.

Mike Maas

Feb 6, 2020, 12:26:27 PM2/6/20
It's on a new macbook pro 16" retina.  Here are the graphics specs from the system report:

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

  Chipset Model:    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:    x16
  VRAM (Total):    4 GB
  Vendor:    AMD (0x1002)
  Device ID:    0x7340
  Revision ID:    0x0040
  ROM Revision:    113-D3220E-190
  VBIOS Version:    113-D32206U1-019
  Option ROM Version:    113-D32206U1-019
  EFI Driver Version:    01.01.190
  Automatic Graphics Switching:    Supported
  gMux Version:    5.0.0
  Metal:    Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
  Displays:
Color LCD:
  Display Type:    Built-In Retina LCD
  Resolution:    3072 x 1920 Retina
  Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No
  Connection Type:    Internal

thanks,

Mike

T. Modes

Feb 7, 2020, 1:15:05 PM2/7/20
I committed a blind fix to the default. But I can't try it, I have no access to a Mac.

Mike Maas

Feb 7, 2020, 1:53:04 PM2/7/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Is there a binary I can test?  When I looked at source forge I could only see the latest release.  Seems like in the past there were also links to nightly builds but I didn’t see them this time.

Thanks,

Mike

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Mike Maas

Feb 16, 2020, 12:27:38 AM2/16/20

Mike Maas

Feb 16, 2020, 12:29:13 AM2/16/20
Not sure what a blind fix is.  Is there a binary I can try?

Niklas Mischkulnig

Mar 3, 2020, 4:14:49 AM3/3/20
Am Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020 06:29:13 UTC+1 schrieb Mike Maas:
Not sure what a blind fix is.

He made a code change without knowing whether it fixed the issue (or made it worse?).

Is there a binary I can try?

Mike Maas

Mar 3, 2020, 9:55:10 PM3/3/20
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Niklas and Tom.  It works great.

Mike

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Ton Sharp

Jul 30, 2021, 3:24:59 AM7/30/21
Confirm it works like a charm on my MacOS 11.5 (Bug Sur)
середа, 4 березня 2020 р. о 04:55:10 UTC+2 doc...@gmail.com пише:

Bier Distillery

Dec 18, 2021, 6:23:28 PM12/18/21
Same problem, same fix!  Thanks.  MacOs 12.1.

Juan M

Oct 19, 2022, 4:39:57 AM10/19/22
Thanks! -> macOs Monterey 12.6 M1 Max

dudek53

Mar 8, 2023, 12:00:35 AM3/8/23
Hello! I started asking a question about M1 graphics card related to align_image_stack setting when using --gpu enabled. Is it possible to have this graphic card supported?
Here is where I started too ask. Maybe someone could reproduce the issue? Even fix it maybe?

Dan Mumford

Jan 5, 2024, 6:53:11 AMJan 5
Hey there, I installed the blind fix from above and Hugin is displaying correctly, but now it's getting hung up and eventually freezes during the stitching/aligning part and I get this message over and over..."Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints after 1374 iteration(s):nan units"

Core i5 / MacOs Ventura 13.6.3