Xpano

Bruno Postle

May 2, 2024, 3:31:33 AMMay 2
Has anyone tried xpano? https://krupkat.github.io/xpano/

"Automated photo stiching tool.
Import a directory of images and then export auto detected panoramas.

"The tool focuses on simplicity and ease of use, features include:
  • Auto detection of groups of images that can be stitched into panoramas
  • Preview + zoom + pan of the computed panoramas
  • Crop mode, boundary auto fill, selectable projection types
  • Projection adjustments: pitch, yaw and roll
  • Export of full resolution panoramas including exif metadata

David W. Jones

May 2, 2024, 3:50:25 AMMay 2
to hugin-ptx

Hmm, never heard of it. Will have to check it out. Anyone else know anything about it?

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

T. Modes

May 2, 2024, 11:54:43 AMMay 2
Hi Bruno,
bruno...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2024 um 09:31:33 UTC+2:
Has anyone tried xpano?

"Automated photo stiching tool.
Import a directory of images and then export auto detected panoramas.

This is "only" a GUI for the panorama functions in the OpenCV. library It does not implement own panorama stitching algorithms.
In my simple tests the results were good for some projects, but for other projects it works not so good.
There are no possibilities to manually improve/change the result. So it is a hit or miss.
Also there were some memory issues for big projects.

In your feature list I don't see anything, which is not possible with Hugin.

Thomas

Bruno Postle

May 3, 2024, 3:10:57 AMMay 3
On Thu, 2 May 2024, 16:54 'T. Modes' wrote:

This is "only" a GUI for the panorama functions in the OpenCV. library It does not implement own panorama stitching algorithms.
In my simple tests the results were good for some projects, but for other projects it works not so good.
There are no possibilities to manually improve/change the result. So it is a hit or miss.

Multiple tools can be good thing. It would be interesting if any of the opencv stuff, like feature matching, was dramatically better than the Hugin equivalent.

It is a shame if it takes a "one shot" approach and doesn't allow any adjustments, this is the problem with the free Microsoft stitching tool. Maybe if it had a PTO export it would be more useful.

--
Bruno

Harry van der Wolf

May 3, 2024, 4:52:47 AMMay 3
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
It is possible to tweak the opencv algorithms for keypoint detection, feature matching, descriptors, etcetera for both panos, blending but also "fusing" layers of images.
I wrote an extremely simple python script to try it out for panos and also write some python scripts for "fusing".
But to be honest: I don't do panos anymore and neither fusing anymore.

There are many opencv  examples on the internet for C++ and for python.

Op vr 3 mei 2024 om 09:10 schreef Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>:
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---