No more hugin package in Ubuntu 22.04?

bul...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2022, 2:40:36 PM4/21/22
Does anyone know why? Any 3rd party repo?

Andreas Metzler

Apr 22, 2022, 1:28:13 PM4/22/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 2022-04-21 "bul...@gmail.com" <bul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why? Any 3rd party repo?

Hello,
Libvigraimpex is almost dead upstream and was removed from Debian
testing when it was unbuildable for a long time. (It has been
reintroduced recently.) Hugin (and enblend) build on and require
libvigraimpex and were therfore also removed.

I guess Ubuntu 22.04 was branched off from Debian testing when hugin was
not part of it. The packges from Debian should either be installable or
it should be possible to simply rebuild the source package.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'

bul...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2022, 3:39:45 PM4/22/22
Thank you for this clarification. Much appreciated.
Cheers
HB