How to offset which images in the stacks to use for CP detection

ChameleonScales

Sep 21, 2022, 6:42:35 AMSep 21
to Hugin Google Group
I have some bracketed panoramas with 3 photos per stack. By default Hugin will create CPs in the first image of each stack. However, the first one happens to be the darkest one and the worst suited for CP detection. I'd like to offset the image selection by 1 or 2. Is that possible in a single operation?

T. Modes

Sep 21, 2022, 3:19:26 PMSep 21
ChameleonScales schrieb am Mittwoch, 21. September 2022 um 12:42:35 UTC+2:
By default Hugin will create CPs in the first image of each stack. However, the first one happens to be the darkest one and the worst suited for CP detection. I'd like to offset the image selection by 1 or 2. Is that possible in a single operation?

This is not the default. It happens only if there are no plausible exposure information for the images in the pto. By default the image with the median exposure is selected for cp detection.

ChameleonScales

Sep 22, 2022, 3:13:00 AMSep 22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
My bad, it just so happens that the photos I was looking at were in a dark area and the middle exposure was about as dark as the bottom one.

In any case I'd still like to offset the selection if that's possible.

T. Modes

Sep 22, 2022, 1:55:59 PMSep 22
ChameleonScales schrieb am Donnerstag, 22. September 2022 um 09:13:00 UTC+2:
My bad, it just so happens that the photos I was looking at were in a dark area and the middle exposure was about as dark as the bottom one.

In any case I'd still like to offset the selection if that's possible.

Sorry, but I don't see the point of having a stack of mainly black images.
There are already a lot of command line options which are confusing - adding a new one for a strange use case will not make it better.
Also there is always the way the select only a subset of images in the photos tab and run cpfind manually on the subset.

ChameleonScales

Sep 23, 2022, 3:23:59 AMSep 23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I didn't expect that selecting the images I want in the list would work, since I thought once I clicked "Link positions", the selection of photos to use or ignore for CP detection was already locked, but that's not the case.
To give more context on why both images I was looking at looked dark, below are the 3 layers for the whole panorama. I was looking at the first photos towards the left, where the difference is less noticeable than towards the sun.

layer1.jpg

layer2.jpg

layer3.jpg

Anyway, the problem is solved for me, thanks again.