Re: [hugin-ptx] Digest for hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Claudio Rocha

Sep 27, 2022, 7:32:15 AM9/27/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On the stitcher section (Shift F6), press on Canvas Size>Calculate Optimal Size.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:43 AM <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"David W. Jones" <gnome...@gmail.com>: Sep 26 06:25PM -1000

Good evening!

I see this in my stitching window (PTBatcher GUI). What does
"cost-image" mean?

enblend: warning: unable to run Dijkstra optimizer
enblend: note: seam-line end point outside of cost-image

Thanks.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Dear Hugin list,

I downloaded the software to stitch together some images that we scanned
with a scanner. I have 10 images with 37282 columns (X) and 24813 lines
(Y). The 10 images together are one line. They align perfectly I do not
need any rotation. I only have to shift the images in X direction. The
images have a small overlap in X direction

In order to stich the images together I followed the tutorial Stitching
flat scanned images (https://hugin.sourceforge.io/tutorials/scans/en.shtml).
I indicated following parameters

*1. **10** in the **HFOV(v)*

Then I used the function Hugins CPFind to identify control points. I used
the custom option for the geometric optimization. I only optimized TrX and
TrY all other parameters are 0.

Everything works as expected. My problem is that I do not want to resample
the images and I do not want to change the resolution. I only would like to
produce the lign with the initial resolution of the images. The images
align perfectly.

Now, I have problems to save the stiched images with the initial
resolution. I modified already in the preferences “downscale final pano =
100 % of max width”. Then I tried to play around with the options in the
sticher window. I use a rectilinear projection. But I cannot find the
solution in order to keep the initial resolution of the images. I also do
not want to resample the images.

As my images align perfectly in X direction I just want to output a line
with a height of 24813 pixels. My initial images also have this height in
pixels. I cannot find out how to do this with Hugin.

Thank you for your help !!!