multi row panorama

lulutreizequinze

Jan 23, 2015, 3:06:22 PM1/23/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone
I need to stitch a set of pictures taken with a gigapan automated hardware.
I have a picture grid of 25columsn and 23 rows.(from topleft to bottomright)

when searching match points betwen the frames , is it possible to give those numbers to the system to be more efficient (ie not trying to match everyframe by everyframe)

thanks in advance for any infos or links

luc

T. Modes

Jan 24, 2015, 4:17:50 AM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Freitag, 23. Januar 2015 21:06:22 UTC+1 schrieb lulutreizequinze:
when searching match points betwen the frames , is it possible to give those numbers to the system to be more efficient (ie not trying to match everyframe by everyframe)

cpfind has the option --multirow for this use case.
Or alternative: first use "pto_var" to set the rough positions of all images (or use a template) and then use "cpfind --prealigned .."

See help page or man page of cpfind for more details
Thomas

PS: The default setting inside Hugin is cpfind with --multirow option.

Terry Duell

Jan 24, 2015, 7:59:14 PM1/24/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello luc,
You might want to have a look at
<http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/>
This toolkit offers a number of tools to help with panos.
gigastart might be of use to you.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

T. Modes

Jan 25, 2015, 4:00:03 AM1/25/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015 01:59:14 UTC+1 schrieb Tduell:
gigastart might be of use to you.

gigastart and cpfind --multirow are both using the same algorithm.
But gigastart has a lot of overhead and it writes and reads all intermediate data to disc, which is slow.

Thomas