Inaccurate cropping. Request for planar mode and keyboard shortcut.

Abrimaal

Jun 25, 2021, 1:47:19 AM6/25/21
Selective blending of variants of the same image. All images are the same size.

I do:
Load images, set projection to reclilinear, reset positions.
No control points, no calculations, no alignment.
Selective masking out and in.
Saving new versions by blending stacks.
Stitcher -> Calculate size -> Calculate crop -> Save a few new variants.

Then again, blending the best version with the base image (or another version)
I want to change lens, all images to Lens 0
Hugin says: impossible!
Why?
The saved image is 1 pixel taller than the original.

How could it happen?
Hugin as panorama maker, calculates everything, angles, field of view, automatic crop, instead just reading the data, when no transformations, remapping was done.
Hugin doesn't know if we loaded partial images to make a panorama
or variants of the same image for selective blending.

This is my request, because Hugin is a multipurpose tool for almost all transformations of graphics.
Could you introduce a Keyboard shortcut for planar mode?
For example R or Ctrl+R or a definable key.

Pressing the key will do:

Projection = rectilinear
Reset positions (center all images)
Reset lenses and photometric parameters (optionally, because sometimes we change the parameters manually, especially exposure for better results)
Ignore field of view
Ignore color profiles
Image size to save is not calculated, it is exactly the size of the image selected as position anchor
or if undefined, the output size is the size of the largest image.

Now what if? The images differ by size, but all are the same area (field of view), because these are variants of the same).
I often use mobile photo enhancers such as Colorize, Remini, FaceApp to improve images.
Sometimes the images are saved with different sizes - Remini upsizes to enhance details, some other apps may downsize a little.
Sometimes they are saved (without asking the user) with different color profiles.

This is why the planar mode will ignore lenses, sizes, color profiles.
This improvement will open new horizons.

A few years I requested single image straightening,
you introduced it and it works perfectly.

crop size inaccurately calculated leads to problems with lenses.png