Is it possible to use Photomatix pro with Hugin, but only for producing 32-bit HDRI?

Ricardo Meleschi

Apr 6, 2024, 12:58:09 PMApr 6
Good morning!

I've been a longtime user of both Hugin and Photomatic Pro, and I prefer Photomatic's pro 32-bit HDRI output but greatly prefer Hugin's ability to align images and it's ability to generate panoramas.  Photomatix Pro's ability to remove ghosting from stacked images is currently better than Hugin's, which is primarily why I would like to use it as the 32-bit HDRI generator over Hugin's builtin HDR Merger...

Over the years I've been using both tools to generate fantastic panoramas, but am curious if I could integrate Photomatix Pro more directly into my HDR Panorama generation process.

Has anyone had any success with using the Photomatix pro executable as a processor in the HDR Merger stitching section of the Hugin Stitching page?

While I could have Photomatix Pro align and produce 32-bit HDRIs then feed those into Hugin, I've found that Hugin is significantly better at aligning than Photomatix Pro and swivel chairing between applications also greatly increases the time it takes to successfully make a panorama as well.