pto_gen doesn't make a list of variables to optimize

ChameleonScales

Jun 18, 2021, 3:41:27 PM6/18/21
to Hugin Google Group
When I do a pto_gen, no matter what arguments I put in, the generated pto contains an emty list of variables that should be optimized.

If I just open, save and close that generated pto, the list gets filled.
This list is the only difference between a pto made from the interface and one generated from pto_gen.

Is this intended?
Is there a way to fill this list without opening the interface and without performing any other operation?

Why am I asking?
I'd like my script to batch generate pto files, change their anchor image (position and photometric) and execute the assistant.

Without this list being filled, I can't change the anchor image before running the assistant.

Note : I tried with version 2019. Couldn't try with v2020 because I'm on Debian.

David W. Jones

Jun 18, 2021, 11:09:38 PM6/18/21
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 6/18/21 9:41 AM, 'ChameleonScales' via hugin and other free panoramic
Hmm, I'm on Debian and have Hugin v2020. I thought for a moment I got it
through one of the other repositories I've added, but didn't find it
there, either.

Sorry, I built it from source back in March.

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/

You're doing things with it that I don't do. Maybe someone else on the
list can explain how to change the anchor image in a PTO using command line.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

T. Modes

Jun 19, 2021, 5:57:47 AM6/19/21
ChameleonScales schrieb am Freitag, 18. Juni 2021 um 21:41:27 UTC+2:
When I do a pto_gen, no matter what arguments I put in, the generated pto contains an emty list of variables that should be optimized.

Without this list being filled, I can't change the anchor image before running the assistant.

The anchor has nothing to do (directly) with the list of the variables to optimize.
So for setting the anchor you don't need these variables (I checked it - there was a bug in pto_var which prevents setting the anchor for photometric optimizer from the command line correctly. This will be fixed in the repository. Setting the anchor for the geometric optimizer is not affected and works fine).
And the assistant is ignoring the list of variables to optimize. It uses its own algorithm what to optimize and set these variables internally when running.