hugin and vigra patches for OpenEXR 3

Bruno Postle

Aug 11, 2021, 3:49:38 AM8/11/21
The next fedora 35 release has OpenEXR 3 (released in April) which
breaks some Hugin related stuff. Attached, working patches from
fedora.

--
Bruno
vigra-openexr3.patch

Bruno Postle

Aug 11, 2021, 4:41:20 AM8/11/21
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
..and I won't get a chance to check if these patches work with OpenEXR 2 for at least a week.

--
Bruno

T. Modes

Aug 11, 2021, 11:17:09 AM8/11/21
Hi Bruno,

we have already a FindOpenEXR.cmake file. I would prefer to keep the necessary changes in this file and not spread it over several places as your patch (main CMakeLists.txt and FindOpenEXR.cmake).
Also when you change the paths for the include statements there are more changes necessary to adapt the CMake search path. On Windows the OPENEXR_INCLUDE_DIR includes for instance ../include/OpenEXR already, so this will probably break.

Thomas

Bruno Postle

Aug 11, 2021, 3:24:36 PM8/11/21
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I was just forwarding the patches directly from the contributor who introduced OpenEXR 3 to fedora. Hopefully they will save somebody some time.

They are likely not good enough to go in directly (and vigra hasn't had a release for four years, so I don't know what we do about that (vigra is falling behind without heic support which is another problem)).

--
Bruno

T. Modes

Aug 21, 2021, 12:50:38 PM8/21/21
Hi Bruno,

I committed an other approach for detecting OpenEXR 3 to Hugins default branch.
(I tested Fedora 35 in a virtual machine. Hope it works also for you.)

Thomas

Bruno Postle

Aug 25, 2021, 4:07:59 AM8/25/21
Hi Thomas, I can confirm that the default branch now compiles with
OpenEXR 2.3.0, 2.5.5, 3.0.5 and 3.1.1 on all fedora architectures
(arm32 anyone?):
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/build/2644804/

--
Bruno