Problem launching Hugin

Steve Antell

Feb 8, 2023, 1:47:31 AM2/8/23
HI!

Simple question:  I am unable to launch Hugin-2022.0.0win64.msi

I have tried to launch it on 2 computers: windows 10 & windows 11;
Hugin shows up in my apps under Program Files (not under program files (x86) on bot computers;
I have closed all open windows before I have installed it.

Subsequently, 15-30 minutes after I have installed Hugin,  windows notifies me windows can not run this software.

Is there a way I can go to the Hugin files and manually launch it (and get Hugin icon onto my desktop?)

Thank you!  Any help will be much appreciated.

Jan Steinman

Feb 8, 2023, 12:06:17 PM2/8/23
At least you have a binary!

I tried building it from source on the Mac, but quickly ran into problems that I didn't want to spend time on.

It appears, sadly, that development on hugin has halted.

Steve Antell

Feb 8, 2023, 6:59:20 PM2/8/23
HI again! Solved it!  I now have Hugin running on my Windows 10!  The problem is Windows 10 error message: "This app can not run on your PC".
So, go to:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO6SWmi-xyo   How to fix "This app can not run on your PC" Dike Chris
Follow his directions.

David W. Jones

Feb 8, 2023, 10:52:02 PM2/8/23
Hmm, if I recall correctly, Hugin development is going on just fine, but the team apparently lacks a Mac development system?

Also - is your Mac based on Intel or Apple?

Also, it's been awhile since I've dealt with Windows 10, and never with Windows 11, but isn't the Program Files (x86) for 32-bit Win apps, not the 64-bit MSI?
--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.

Jan Steinman

Feb 9, 2023, 10:28:46 AM2/9/23
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently using a heavily upgraded 2009 MacPro 4,1, running Monterey (latest minus one) Mac OS. It will run Ventura (latest), but Bluetooth currently isn't working.

I might be able to contribute an older system. I have something similar, but slightly older in storage (3,1?) that I can't get at until our house (six months late!) is completed. Currently living in my step-daughter's sewing room. :-(

So my Macs are obviously Intel based. Older Mac Pros are easily upgradable, and are generally able to run late OS releases via open-source patch kits.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---