enfuse droplet for windows

Erik Krause

Jan 5, 2008, 5:18:35 PM1/5/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've written a first version of a (batch file based) windows droplet
for enfuse.

The batchfile itself must reside in the same folder as enfuse.

Create a shortcut for this batch file on the desktop or in any
folder.

There are two ways to use this droplet:
1. drag and drop some images (a bracketed series) on the droplet to
fusion them.
The result will be a .tif file named like one image of the series
plus _fusioned added to the file name.
2. drag and drop a folder on the droplet. You will be asked to
specify how many images are in a bracketed series or whether
you want to fusion all images in the folder.
The result will be .tif files named like the first image of each
series plus _fusioned added to the file name.

currently .jpg and .tif images are processed.

Please test, especially with uncommon file and path names (special
characters, blanks...). Any hints on bugs, clarifications or feature
requests are welcome...

Download it from http://www.erik-krause.de/enfuse_droplet.zip

best regards

--
Erik Krause
Offenburger Str. 33

Philipp B. Koch

Jan 5, 2008, 7:00:54 PM1/5/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Erik,
> // Erik Krause schrieb: //

> I've written a first version of a (batch file based) windows droplet
> for enfuse.

wow, that's just what I was looking for... Until now, I simply had a
link in my SendTo-folder, so the 'enfused' file always has the same name
and is saved on the desktop... Unfortunately, I can not get your droplet
to work :-( If I just call it without parameters, the help message is
displayed, but if I drop files on it (I also tried to put the link in my
SendTo-folder), the DOS-window pops up for a very short time and
disappears without anything more happening...

> The batchfile itself must reside in the same folder as enfuse.

I put it in the folder where my enblend.exe is, so this shouldn't be the
problem.

> Create a shortcut for this batch file on the desktop or in any
> folder.

That's what I did... I also tried to change some things in the .bat to
see if that is the problem (for example: specify the full enfuse path,
put "enfuse.exe" instead of only "enfuse" and so on). Do I have to
change something in the .bat file to make it run?

I would really love to use this since it's annoying if all output files
have the same name and are always placed on the desktop :-(

Besides, thanks for your efforts (not only with this batch file, of
course)!
Philipp

PS. Ich war übrigens in Freiburg um Weihnachten / Silvester, und hab bei
dieser Gelegenheit einfach mal in der Gitarrenwerkstatt vorbeigeschaut,
die du auf deiner Homepage verlinkst, in der Annahme, es sei deine und
ich würde dich dort antreffen... Tatsächlich stieß ich statt dessen auf
einen netten Verkäufer (?), der mir deine Telefonnummer gab, nachdem ich
sagte, dass ich eine Panorama-Enthusiast bin und dich nur aus dem
Internet "kenne". Er sagte aber auch, dass du Urlaub hast, und plötzlich
schien es mir etwas aufdringlich, persönlich hallo sagen zu wollen...
Tja, virtual vs. real world.. :-)

Carl von Einem

Jan 5, 2008, 7:13:40 PM1/5/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
The next panotools meeting (and a good chance to meet several people
from this list) will be in Prague, early August 2008. See
<http://panotools-meeting.com/> for more information in the next... weeks.

And please don't forget about the LGM in Wrocław, Poland, in May.
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=location

Carl

J. Schneider

Jan 6, 2008, 7:19:03 AM1/6/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Philipp B. Koch schrieb:

> wow, that's just what I was looking for...
Me too!

> ... Unfortunately, I can not get your droplet
> to work :-( If I just call it without parameters, the help message is
> displayed, but if I drop files on it (I also tried to put the link in my
> SendTo-folder), the DOS-window pops up for a very short time and
> disappears without anything more happening...

Same with me.
If I put the source images in a place with no spaces in the path I get
one step further: I am asked the number of input files. Error message:
The command "remif" were not recognized. There is a space missing
somewhere between "rem" and "if". But after I fixed that the error
message is:

> enfuse droplet batch file version 0.1
> copyright Erik Krause http://www.erik-krause.de
> call without parameters for usage hints.
>
> Processed directory: D:\users\a\T4e\
>
> Please specify number of files in one bracketed series
> or "A" for all files in the directory, then press Enter
> Your input: 3
> enfuse: only one input file given. Enfuse needs two or more
> overlapping input images in order to do blending calculations. The
> output will be the same as the input.

So here I don't know what's happening. The command window has to be
killed manually. Anyway: Thank you so far and I'm looking forward to 0.2!

regards
Joachim

Erik Krause

Jan 6, 2008, 8:28:56 AM1/6/08
to hugin-ptx
On Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 1:00, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can not get your droplet
> to work :-( If I just call it without parameters, the help message is
> displayed, but if I drop files on it (I also tried to put the link in my
> SendTo-folder), the DOS-window pops up for a very short time and
> disappears without anything more happening...

What Windows version?

> > The batchfile itself must reside in the same folder as enfuse.
> >
> I put it in the folder where my enblend.exe is, so this shouldn't be the
> problem.

And enfuse.exe is in the same folder?

> > Create a shortcut for this batch file on the desktop or in any
> > folder.
> >
> That's what I did... I also tried to change some things in the .bat to
> see if that is the problem (for example: specify the full enfuse path,
> put "enfuse.exe" instead of only "enfuse" and so on). Do I have to
> change something in the .bat file to make it run?

Normally not. For debug please create an additional batch file
(called f.e. call_droplet.bat) in the same folder as
enfuse_droplet.bat is. Put these two lines in the file:

call enfuse_droplet.bat %*
pause

create a shortcut and try with this shortcut again. Now the window
should stay open and eventually show an error message. If there is no
message, please delete the first line (@echo off) in
enfuse_droplet.bat and try again. Perhaps it is a good idea to pipe
into a file. In that case use this line in the call_droplet.bat
instead:

call enfuse_droplet.bat %* > errors.txt

Please send me the resulting errors.txt file off list...

best regards
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Erik Krause

Jan 6, 2008, 8:38:28 AM1/6/08
to hugin-ptx
On Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 1:00, Philipp B. Koch wrote:

> the DOS-window pops up for a very short time and
> disappears without anything more happening...

Ok, I have an idea, where the error comes from: Could be you have
command extensions disabled (or you use a too old windows version).

Please download updated version from
http://www.erik-krause.de/enfuse_droplet.zip

best regards
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

J. Schneider

Jan 6, 2008, 2:21:56 PM1/6/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Erik Krause schrieb:

> On Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 1:00, Philipp B. Koch wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I can not get your droplet
>> to work :-( If I just call it without parameters, the help message is
>> displayed, but if I drop files on it (I also tried to put the link in my
>> SendTo-folder), the DOS-window pops up for a very short time and
>> disappears without anything more happening...
Same with me.

> What Windows version?
XP SP2, command extensions enabled.

> call enfuse_droplet.bat %* > errors.txt
>
> Please send me the resulting errors.txt file off list...

Small enough to do here:
"enfuse droplet batch file version 0.1.3
copyright Erik Krause - http://www.erik-krause.de"
That's all. With space in path. Without space: as I stated in my earlier
mail, asks for amount of images and hangs.

regards
Joachim

Erik Krause

Jan 6, 2008, 4:38:15 PM1/6/08
to hugin-ptx
On Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 20:21, J. Schneider wrote:

> > Please send me the resulting errors.txt file off list...
> Small enough to do here:
> "enfuse droplet batch file version 0.1.3
> copyright Erik Krause - http://www.erik-krause.de"
> That's all. With space in path. Without space: as I stated in my earlier
> mail, asks for amount of images and hangs

Ok, I've tested myself with white space in path (both in enfuse path
and in images path), which more or less caused the error (hopefully).

Please anyone who had problems: Download again and try your cases...

J. Schneider

Jan 6, 2008, 5:44:17 PM1/6/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
> Ok, I've tested myself with white space in path (both in enfuse path
> and in images path), which more or less caused the error (hopefully).
>
> Please anyone who had problems: Download again and try your cases...

Hooray, it works!

thanks and good night
Joachim

Philipp B. Koch

Jan 6, 2008, 7:37:30 PM1/6/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
It now works perfectly at my machine. Thanks a lot, Erik, this makes it
a lot more comfortable to use enfuse :-)

Best regards, Ph.

Erik Krause

Jan 7, 2008, 4:57:35 PM1/7/08
to hugin-ptx
On Sunday, January 06, 2008 at 23:44, J. Schneider wrote:

> Hooray, it works!

Ok. I've made the official release:

http://www.erik-krause.de/enfuse_droplet.zip