Hugin 2022.0 beta 1 released

T. Modes

Nov 26, 2022, 3:42:13 AM11/26/22
Hi all,

today we are releasing beta 1 of Hugin 2022.0.0

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2022.0/hugin-2022.0beta1.tar.bz2/download

Verify its checksums:
md5:
ac57dec01e840f113786f89259d7a868  hugin-2022.0beta1.tar.bz2
sha1:
48d68cfd5edec438dde3f3995c24a6275bbc8154  hugin-2022.0beta1.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The beta 1 correspond to changeset 95c2e2d313fb in our repository, which is also tagged as 2022.0beta1).

Changes since 2021.0
* Add simple edge fill option to fill black edges in panorama with homogenous color.
* Simplified the assistant page with only the necessary GUI controls to make it more clear for beginners and casual users.
* Several improvements to control points tab (e.g. magnifier displays now warped image for better judgement of wide angle/fisheye images).
* Improved handling of duplicate control points when running cpfind.
* Extended command line tools pto_mask (--delete-mask) and pano_modify (allow specifying crop relative to canvas size).
* Several bug fixes.

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

Windows binaries (64 bit) can be found at sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2022.0/Hugin-2022.0beta1-win64.msi/download

MD5 checksum
e220d93e82ee2c81b1e05c36f43d439c *Hugin-2022.0beta1-win64.msi

Request for translators
Please update the translation file of your language. Some new strings have been added.

Harry van der Wolf

Nov 26, 2022, 5:51:27 AM11/26/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your never ending support and passion to  improve Hugin through the years!
Really impressive!

Please find attached the updated Dutch translation .po and .mo (you never know).

Kind regards,
Harry

Op za 26 nov. 2022 om 09:42 schreef T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de>:
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---

Luís Henrique Camargo Quiroz

Nov 26, 2022, 5:17:33 PM11/26/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

    Glad to update the Brazilian Portuguese ;)

   regards,

   Luís Henrique

T. Modes

Nov 27, 2022, 3:38:41 AM11/27/22
Hi Luis and Harry,

thanks for the fast translations.

@Harry: There is still 1 fuzzy string in your po file. Do you need help with the understanding or it is just an oversight?

Thomas

PS:Just a reminder for all other translators. That is the current status of our translations:

Complete
de.po
pt_BR.po
1713 translated messages.
nl.po
1712 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.

Only a few number of untranslated/fuzzy strings:
ca_ES.po
1677 translated messages, 25 fuzzy translations, 11 untranslated messages.
ca...@valencia.po
1677 translated messages, 25 fuzzy translations, 11 untranslated messages.
fr.po
1677 translated messages, 22 fuzzy translations, 14 untranslated messages.
hu.po
1690 translated messages, 17 fuzzy translations, 6 untranslated messages.
it.po
1690 translated messages, 16 fuzzy translations, 7 untranslated messages.
sk.po
1690 translated messages, 18 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.

More work requires the following languages files:
cs_CZ.po
1420 translated messages, 218 fuzzy translations, 75 untranslated messages.
da.po
1442 translated messages, 195 fuzzy translations, 76 untranslated messages.
es.po
1285 translated messages, 353 fuzzy translations, 75 untranslated messages.
ru.po
1386 translated messages, 201 fuzzy translations, 126 untranslated messages.

eu.po
899 translated messages, 454 fuzzy translations, 360 untranslated messages.
fi.po
710 translated messages, 560 fuzzy translations, 443 untranslated messages.
ja.po
989 translated messages, 461 fuzzy translations, 263 untranslated messages.
pl.po
1185 translated messages, 334 fuzzy translations, 194 untranslated messages.
ro.po
584 translated messages, 641 fuzzy translations, 488 untranslated messages.
sv.po
967 translated messages, 489 fuzzy translations, 257 untranslated messages.
zh_CN.po
1219 translated messages, 322 fuzzy translations, 172 untranslated messages.
zh_TW.po
1177 translated messages, 344 fuzzy translations, 192 untranslated messages.

Harry van der Wolf

Nov 27, 2022, 7:39:35 AM11/27/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Op zo 27 nov. 2022 om 09:38 schreef T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de>:

@Harry: There is still 1 fuzzy string in your po file. Do you need help with the understanding or it is just an oversight?

Yes, I know. I put the "fuzzy" marker myself :)

It is the
#, fuzzy
msgid "Focus stacked images"

Yes, I didn't quite understand it.
Is this a description? Like: what you see here are "Focus stacked images".

Or does it describe an action? Like, click here to do "focus stacking on these stacked images"

Best,
Harry

T. Modes

Nov 27, 2022, 9:35:31 AM11/27/22
Hi Harry,

hvd...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 27. November 2022 um 13:39:35 UTC+1:
Yes, I didn't quite understand it.
Is this a description? Like: what you see here are "Focus stacked images".

Or does it describe an action? Like, click here to do "focus stacking on these stacked images"

It's the latter. It is used as a description for an user defined output sequence for merging focus stacked images into a single image.

Thomas

Harry van der Wolf

Nov 27, 2022, 10:43:40 AM11/27/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

There is no equivalent Dutch verb for ΅focus-stacking", so I "blended" as good as possible two languages.
(Hugin is for blending, isn't it ;) )

Best,
Harry

Op zo 27 nov. 2022 om 15:35 schreef T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de>:
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---
nl.mo
nl.po

Maarten Verberne

Nov 27, 2022, 11:52:59 AM11/27/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, Harry van der Wolf
Maybe something like 'scherpte diepte verhogen' to me that sounds about
right for a button that executes the literal translated 'scherp stel
stapelen' (whatever that means ;)

Maarten

Op 27-Nov-22 om 16:43 schreef Harry van der Wolf:
> Thanks.
>
> There is no equivalent Dutch verb for ΅focus-stacking", so I "blended"
> as good as possible two languages.
> (Hugin is for blending, isn't it ;) )
>
> Best,
> Harry
>

> Op zo 27 nov. 2022 om 15:35 schreef T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de
> <mailto:Thomas...@gmx.de>>:
>
> Hi Harry,
>
> hvd...@gmail.com <mailto:hvd...@gmail.com> schrieb am Sonntag, 27.
> November 2022 um 13:39:35 UTC+1:
>
> Yes, I didn't quite understand it.
> Is this a description? Like: what you see here are "Focus
> stacked images".
>
> Or does it describe an action? Like, click here to do "focus
> stacking on these stacked images"
>

> It's the latter. It is used as a description for an user defined
> output sequence for merging focus stacked images into a single image.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/2adf9f65-3fac-4dad-8f6a-ab6c4351b82dn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/2adf9f65-3fac-4dad-8f6a-ab6c4351b82dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAGARPpuJMExJsFxc%3DwL%2BcfeAbZp_uRecaJ%3D_qCEh25HufJ3J-g%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAGARPpuJMExJsFxc%3DwL%2BcfeAbZp_uRecaJ%3D_qCEh25HufJ3J-g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Don Johnston

Nov 27, 2022, 12:08:17 PM11/27/22
Google translate recommends "piling up". ;o)

Don J

T. Modes

Nov 28, 2022, 11:42:06 AM11/28/22
Hi Harry,

hvd...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 27. November 2022 um 16:43:40 UTC+1:
Thanks.

There is no equivalent Dutch verb for ΅focus-stacking", so I "blended" as good as possible two languages.
(Hugin is for blending, isn't it ;) )

thanks for the fix. I also fix the german translation in the same way ;-)

@Kornel
Thanks for your translations. But your last changes to the Slovak  translation contain a fatal error:
sk.po
sk.po:3549: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
1713 translated messages.

Thomas

Kornel Benko

Nov 29, 2022, 2:35:22 AM11/29/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am Mon, 28 Nov 2022 08:42:06 -0800 (PST)
schrieb "T. Modes" <Thomas...@gmx.de>:
Thanks Thomas. Is that the only error? How have you checked?
Neither linguist nor lokalize showed any error, so it slipped through.

Kornel

T. Modes

Nov 29, 2022, 11:12:40 AM11/29/22
Hi Kornel,

kornel schrieb am Dienstag, 29. November 2022 um 08:35:22 UTC+1:
 Is that the only error? How have you checked?
Neither linguist nor lokalize showed any error, so it slipped through.

Look good now. I've checked it.
msgfmt (from the gettext package) and also poedit showed the error.

Thomas

Harriet Jacobs

Dec 9, 2022, 3:09:11 AM12/9/22
Hehe