Can't add any RAW converter in preferences (linux)

Piotr Szczuka

Apr 17, 2023, 1:26:00 AM4/17/23
Hello everyone I am a hugin user for a while on linux mint system. My problem is that After new installation/ upgrade to mint 21,1 and installing hugin as flathub i can't import RAW images to it. When I am tryng add path to Darktable or to RAWtherapee I cant. Executable files are indeed in to /usr/bin directory but some how hugin do not see them in file-> preferences ->general -> RAW converter ->choose. I also tried just to put directoies manually without any resoults. I also tried to chenge flatseel configuration without any luck. Any sugestions for making hugin work with darktable as a converter?

David W. Jones

Apr 17, 2023, 1:40:53 AM4/17/23
to hugin-ptx
My opinion? Don't use flathub and such things. I've never been able to make them work here on my Debian 11 system.

I have Hugin compiled locally and have no such problems.

On 4/16/23 13:36, Piotr Szczuka wrote:
Hello everyone I am a hugin user for a while on linux mint system. My problem is that After new installation/ upgrade to mint 21,1 and installing hugin as flathub i can't import RAW images to it. When I am tryng add path to Darktable or to RAWtherapee I cant. Executable files are indeed in to /usr/bin directory but some how hugin do not see them in file-> preferences ->general -> RAW converter ->choose. I also tried just to put directoies manually without any resoults. I also tried to chenge flatseel configuration without any luck. Any sugestions for making hugin work with darktable as a converter? --
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/c26e2a69-6199-460d-90cd-73685c3d6f7fn%40googlegroups.com.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Gunter Königsmann

Apr 17, 2023, 7:06:05 AM4/17/23
to David W. Jones, hugin-ptx
My guess is that a flatpak comes with its own /usr directory and doesn't see the one the system provides.

T. Modes

Apr 18, 2023, 11:09:20 AM4/18/23
Piotr Szczuka schrieb am Montag, 17. April 2023 um 07:26:00 UTC+2:
 installing hugin as flathub i can't import RAW images to it. When I am tryng add path to Darktable or to RAWtherapee I cant. Executable files are indeed in to /usr/bin directory but some how hugin do not see them in file-> preferences ->general -> RAW converter ->choose.

A short search reveals that in a flatpak the directory /usr is blacklisted: https://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions.html
So you can't access the programs in /usr/bin from inside a flatpak directly.
One way would be to install the raw converters in your home directory or any other directories which flatpak can access.
Or you can try to fiddle with flatpak-spawn
to access the programs in /usr/bin from inside a flatpak via this wrapper.