Pentaho For Hadoop

Feris Thia

Oct 12, 2010, 11:25:34 AM10/12/10
to User Group Pentaho Indonesia, hu...@googlegroups.com, Feris Thia
Akhirnya...

BI Server yang dikonfigurasi untuk Hadoop. Karena masih awam di Hadoop, mudah-mudahan ada yang bisa test ini :)

Regards,

Feris

Sent to you by Feris Thia via Google Reader:

It’s everywhere and expanding exponentially every day. But it might as well be a pile of %#$& unless you can turn all of that data into information. And do so in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.  The old-school vendors don’t operate in a timely (everything is slow), efficient (everything is over-engineered, over-analyzed, over-staffed, etc) or cost-effective mode (the bloated supertanker needs feeding and the customer gets to pay for those inefficiencies), so that means new technologies and business models will drive innovation which ultimately serves the customers and communities.

Back to Data, Data, Data – Enter open source technologies like Hadoop and Pentaho BI/DI to drive next gen big data analytics to the market. Hadoop and Pentaho have both been around about 5 years, are both driven by very active communities, and have both been experiencing explosive growth over the last 18 months. Our community members are the ones who came up with the original integration points for the two techs, not because it was a fun, science project thing to do but because they had real business pains they were trying to solve. This all started in 2009 – we started development in 09, we launched our beta program in June 2010 (had to cap enrollment in the beta program at 60), launched a Pentaho for Hadoop roadshow (which was oversubscribed) and are now announcing the official release of Pentaho Data Integration and BI Suite for Hadoop.

I’m in NYC today at Hadoop World and we’re making four announcements:

  1. Pentaho for Hadoop – our Pentaho BI Suite and Pentaho Data Integration are now both integrated with Hadoop
  2. Partnership with Amazon – Pentaho for Hadoop now supports Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and S3
  3. Partnership with Cloudera – Pentaho for Hadoop will support certified versions of Cloudera’s Distribution for Hadoop (CDH)
  4. Partnership with Impetus – a major Solutions Provider (over 1,000 employees) with a dedicated Large Data Analytics practice.

Consider this as phase I of building out the ecosystem.

We’re all about making Hadoop easy and accessible. Now you can take on those mountains of data and turn them into value. Download Pentaho for Hadoop.

Richard

Things you can do from here:

Buyung Bahari

Oct 12, 2010, 11:55:05 PM10/12/10
to hu...@googlegroups.com, User Group Pentaho Indonesia, Feris Thia
Langsung ke TKP nih...

Sip

Feris Thia wrote:
> [...]

> <http://www.pentaho.com/news/releases/20101012_pentaho_cloudera_streamlines_hadoop_cycle.php>�
> Pentaho for Hadoop will support certified versions of Cloudera�s
> Distribution for Hadoop (CDH)
> 4. Partnership with Impetus
> <http://www.pentaho.com/news/releases/20101012_pentaho_impetus_technologies_partner_to_facilitate_large_data_analytics.php>
> � a major Solutions Provider (over 1,000 employees) with a

> dedicated Large Data Analytics practice.
>
> Consider this as phase I of building out the ecosystem.
>

> We�re all about making Hadoop easy and accessible
> <http://www.pentaho.com/hadoop>. Now you can take on those mountains

> of data and turn them into value. Download

> <http://www.pentaho.com/download/hadoop> Pentaho for Hadoop.

> Richard
>

> Things you can do from here:
>

> * Subscribe to Business Intelligence From the Swamp � Data, Data,

buyung_bahari.vcf