Re: Learn You a Haskell for Great Good!

rher...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2011, 9:30:37 PM4/12/11
to Travis Peterson, hug...@googlegroups.com
Hello Travis,

This is a great opportunity for us to start using this mailing list,
we haven't met once yet, shame on us (most of the few members are
geographically dispersed though).

Coincidentally, the book was mentioned today at the Programming
Language Theory class at IME-USP. We have around 30 students
attending, but the main focus is on Scheme. Haskell was only used as a
stepping stone for explaining the reason behind lazy evaluation.

I'm a big advocate of RWH and LYAH, but have only read parts of them
(online). If these books were available back in 2007 when I started it
would've been a lot easier for me to grasp the language, so I believe
it's a good chance for me to write a review (although my time's a bit
short).

Please let me know the details. My regards to Miran too.

[]'s

--
Ricardo Guimarães Herrmann
"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is