httpmr: MapReduce for AppEngine announcement

1 view

Peter Dolan

May 28, 2008, 1:51:39 PM5/28/08
to Google App Engine, httpmr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've started working on an open-source implementation of MapReduce for
AppEngine: httpmr. I'm still figuring out all the details, but I have
a pretty good overall idea of how it will ultimately function. I'm
very interested in all of your help, so if anybody's interested in
joining in the design discussion or in contributing code I'd love to
get in touch.

Take a look at the code I've written so far at http://httmp.googlecode.com/
Or respond to this thread.
Or start a discussion on http://groups.google.com/group/httpmr-discuss.
Or send me an email directly. I'm attending Google I/O today and
tomorrow, and would really dig getting lunch, dinner, or drinks with
people. I should be attending almost all the AppEngine talks during
the conference.

Thanks,
Peter Dolan
http://www.peterd.net/

Christian Wilcox

May 28, 2008, 1:58:07 PM5/28/08
to httpmr-discuss
The correct link for the Google Code project page is:

http://code.google.com/p/httpmr/

Cheers,
Christian

On May 28, 12:51 pm, Peter Dolan <peterJdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've started working on an open-source implementation of MapReduce for
> AppEngine: httpmr.  I'm still figuring out all the details, but I have
> a pretty good overall idea of how it will ultimately function.  I'm
> very interested in all of your help, so if anybody's interested in
> joining in the design discussion or in contributing code I'd love to
> get in touch.
>
> Take a look at the code I've written so far athttp://httmp.googlecode.com/
> Or respond to this thread.
> Or start a discussion onhttp://groups.google.com/group/httpmr-discuss.

Peter Dolan

May 28, 2008, 2:11:01 PM5/28/08
to httpmr-discuss
Oops, thanks Christian!

Peter Dolan

May 29, 2008, 12:49:59 PM5/29/08
to Google App Engine, httpmr-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I've seen those announcements too. I suspect that I could by
myself get something up and running in just a few weeks though, and
it's a fun problem that will also be applicable to any web cluster on
which your ability to start a process is limited (i.e. shared hosting
environments), so I'm going to continue pursuing it.

Also, you can find me on twitter here: http://www.twitter.com/pdwryst