HTTPMR: Scalable Data Processing for People with Web Clusters

peter...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2008, 12:43:38 PM7/17/08
to httpmr-...@googlegroups.com
I've shared a document with you called "HTTPMR: Scalable Data Processing for People with Web Clusters":
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=ajjmkjp3t4zh_1929rzrr6r&invite=g69kswp

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online at Google Docs. To open this document, just click the link above.
---

This is the presentation that I gave last night at the SF Bay Area AppEngine users group at the SF Google offices.

The presentation includes:
* an introduction to the problem
* motivation for the solution
* some implementation details
* a discussion of the tricky problems and their solutions
* the problems that could not be solved
* performance information and usage recommendations
* some AppEngine feature requests

Please let me know if you find any errors or omissions! The main discussion group for httpmr is httpmr-...@googlegroups.com, but I participate in both httpmr-discuss and google-appengine.

Peter Dolan

Jul 17, 2008, 12:54:09 PM7/17/08
to httpmr-discuss
Wow, that formatting got all messed up. Try this: