How to get the time zone of a fiddler trace?

Nuno Alexandre

Oct 1, 2015, 2:05:38 AM10/1/15
to Fiddler
Hi,

As a support engineer, I'm used to receive fiddler traces from customers in a daily basis, but I don't always know customer's time zone.
As far as I can see, session timers / statistics recods local machine date/time.
Is there a way to see in which time zone the trace was taken? Or eventually a way to convert time to UTC?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Nuno

EricLaw

Oct 1, 2015, 2:08:35 AM10/1/15
to Fiddler
Interestingly, no, Fiddler doesn't today record the user's TimeZone offset in the capture. Having said that, many requests and responses bear a Date header which contains the date-time in UTC/GMT format, which should provide a good clue as to the user's timezone.