Leaving 'Search binaries' on so application/octet-stream will always be searched, good or bad idea?

term srv

Sep 29, 2017, 3:15:11 PM9/29/17
to Fiddler
I've noticed occasionally I will search for something and it will tell me not found even though I know it's there somewhere. I do have decode compressed content checked usually, but until recently didn't have binaries checked. I managed to boil it down to a test case today, where I'm searching for the word authorized but it was not found until I enabled 'Search binaries'. Is it typical for servers to send data application/octet-stream, and is there any disadvantage to searching binary data other than it probably takes much longer? Thanks

Fiddler v4.6.20171.26113
Built: Monday, June 12, 2017
Windows 7 x64

problem searching for the word authorized.saz
authorized.PNG

term srv

Sep 29, 2017, 3:18:01 PM9/29/17
to Fiddler
I don't see a way to edit my post. The first part of my question is more specifically is it typical for servers to send some regular json/xml etc as octet stream,

Eric Lawrence

Oct 1, 2017, 7:04:54 PM10/1/17
to Fiddler
application/octet-stream is not terribly common for textual content, and yes, performance is the only downside of searching it.

term srv

Oct 1, 2017, 11:00:05 PM10/1/17
to Fiddler
Ok thanks.

ALIM MUSARAJ

Dec 19, 2023, 3:35:41 PM12/19/23
to Fiddler
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213

On Monday 2 October 2017 at 05:00:05 UTC+2 term srv wrote:
Ok thanks.