Request and Response Inspectors in the same class or DLL?

Barnaby Falls

Jun 22, 2016, 9:30:20 PM6/22/16
to Fiddler

I have a lot of common code for a custom inspector that is need for both a Request and Response Inspector.

Is it possible to write both Request and Response inspectors in the same class? My guess is No.

Is it possible to write both Request and Response inspectors as separate classes in the same DLL? I hope Yes.

The Fiddler extensions are great, thanks for any help with this.

Eric Lawrence

Jul 1, 2016, 10:03:44 PM7/1/16
to Fiddler
Yes, you can put request and response inspectors in the same DLL. You can't put them in the same class, but you can use a shared class to hold common functionality and use that in both types of Inspector. Most of Fiddler's inspectors use one common class for the UI and two classes to implement the RequestInspector and ResponseInspector interfaces.