High time difference between ClientDoneRequest and ServerConnected.

pradeep

Oct 2, 2014, 4:53:18 PM10/2/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

Can any one suggest the possible reason of high time difference between ClientDoneRequest and ServerConnected. Is it something related to web server or application or network issue?

ClientConnected: 13:12:11.926
ClientBeginRequest: 13:12:18.417
GotRequestHeaders: 13:12:18.417
ClientDoneRequest: 13:12:18.417
Determine Gateway: 0ms
DNS Lookup: 78ms
TCP/IP Connect: 3ms
HTTPS Handshake: 0ms
ServerConnected: 13:20:38.417
FiddlerBeginRequest: 13:20:38.417
ServerGotRequest: 13:20:38.418
ServerBeginResponse: 13:20:38.550
GotResponseHeaders: 13:20:38.550
ServerDoneResponse: 13:20:38.550
ClientBeginResponse: 13:20:38.550
ClientDoneResponse: 13:20:38.550

Thanks,
 Pradeep

EricLaw

Oct 3, 2014, 7:45:41 AM10/3/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Right-click the session, choose Properties, and copy the data from the screen into a reply to this message.

pradeep

Oct 3, 2014, 10:49:48 AM10/3/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Appreciate for your response. Below is that data. This is not the same fiddler session but in this session we also got the issue:

SESSION STATE: Done.
Response Entity Size: 0 bytes.

== FLAGS ==================
BitFlags: [ClientPipeReused, LoadedFromSAZ] 0x208
UI-BOLD: user-marked
UI-COLOR: Red
UI-COMMENTS: [#6]
UI-OLDCOLOR: Gray

== TIMING INFO ============

This traffic was captured on Thursday, October 02, 2014.

ClientConnected: 13:04:13.722
ClientBeginRequest: 13:05:55.220
GotRequestHeaders: 13:05:55.220
ClientDoneRequest: 13:05:55.220
Determine Gateway: 0ms
DNS Lookup: 78ms
TCP/IP Connect: 1ms
HTTPS Handshake: 0ms
ServerConnected: 13:09:00.238
FiddlerBeginRequest: 13:09:00.238
ServerGotRequest: 13:09:00.239
ServerBeginResponse: 13:09:00.374
GotResponseHeaders: 13:09:00.374
ServerDoneResponse: 13:09:00.374
ClientBeginResponse: 13:09:00.374
ClientDoneResponse: 13:09:00.374

Overall Elapsed: 00:03:05.1535902

The response was buffered before delivery to the client.

== WININET CACHE INFO ============
Cache File: C:\Users\pradeep.mishra\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1MC0GPWP\basepagescripts[1].js
Size: 21,520 bytes
File Extension:
Hit Rate: 18
Use Count: 0
Don't Scavenge for: 0 seconds
Last Modified: 5/15/2014 1:54:34 AM
Last Accessed: 10/2/2014 12:23:51 PM
Last Synced:   10/2/2014 12:23:51 PM
Entry Expires: 10/2/2014 11:23:51 AM

* Note: Data above shows WinINET's current cache state, not the state at the time of the request.
* Note: Data above shows WinINET's Medium Integrity (non-Protected Mode) cache only.

I Could understand from  X-RETRYONFAILEDRECEIVE: * ,X-SERVERSOCKET: REUSE ServerPipe#4*NEW*   like fiddler could not reuse connection and on failing it made new one. But what could be the reason of failing? Is It client network issue or how could we trace the root cause of it?

Thanks,
Pradeep

EricLaw

Oct 3, 2014, 11:21:07 AM10/3/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this:

Means that the client reused an existing connection to the server, but the server failed to return a proper response and Fiddler was forced to try again on a new connection. The fact that the delay was so long (minutes) strongly suggests that the server sent an incomplete response over several minutes, then abruptly killed the connection (e.g. using a TCP/IP RST) and Fiddler then retried on a new connection.

This could indicate a problem in your network infrastructure, or a bug in your application (whereby it fails to properly indicate the response length).

What was the HTTP response status code for this response? Can you send (Help > Send Feedback) a SAZ file containing an example?

This:

Indicates that the response body was zero-bytes long, which seems pretty odd.

pradeep

Oct 3, 2014, 12:53:06 PM10/3/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Response status code was 304. Since it was static file and cached hence server have sent 304 (not modified status) and so response length was 0. Is there any tool where I could profile the network.  I got one properties info for a css where 200 response status was appeared. here you will get the response length also.

SESSION STATE: Done.
Response Entity Size: 8440 bytes.

== FLAGS ==================
BitFlags: [ClientPipeReused, ServerPipeReused, ResponseStreamed, LoadedFromSAZ] 0x258
UI-COMMENTS: [#588]

== TIMING INFO ============

This traffic was captured on Thursday, September 25, 2014.

ClientConnected: 15:00:03.837
ClientBeginRequest: 15:08:59.382
GotRequestHeaders: 15:08:59.382
ClientDoneRequest: 15:08:59.382
Determine Gateway: 0ms
DNS Lookup: 0ms
TCP/IP Connect: 0ms
HTTPS Handshake: 0ms
ServerConnected: 15:08:59.210
FiddlerBeginRequest: 15:08:59.382
ServerGotRequest: 15:08:59.382
ServerBeginResponse: 15:08:59.467
GotResponseHeaders: 15:08:59.467
ServerDoneResponse: 15:08:59.467
ClientBeginResponse: 15:08:59.467
ClientDoneResponse: 15:08:59.467

Overall Elapsed: 00:00:00.0850085

The response was streamed to the client as it was received.

== WININET CACHE INFO ============
Cache File: C:\Users\pradeep.mishra\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\65C2T1Y6\btn[1].css
Size: 8,440 bytes
File Extension:
Hit Rate: 11
Use Count: 0
Don't Scavenge for: 0 seconds
Last Modified: 7/10/2014 2:24:30 PM
Last Accessed: 10/2/2014 11:25:50 AM
Last Synced:   10/2/2014 11:25:50 AM
Entry Expires: 10/2/2014 10:25:50 AM

* Note: Data above shows WinINET's current cache state, not the state at the time of the request.
* Note: Data above shows WinINET's Medium Integrity (non-Protected Mode) cache only.

Thanks,
Pradeep

EricLaw

Oct 3, 2014, 3:19:20 PM10/3/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
If you can reliably repro a problem like this, a Wireshark .PCAP or NetMon .CAP file will allow us to see what's happening at the lower-level network.

Seeing this problem for a 304 seems very strange, particularly with such a long delay, as Fiddler has a network timeout of around a minute (per read), and a bodyless response like a 304 will typically have just one read (the headers).