How to add SSL certificate to Fiddler?

Naresh Kumar

May 24, 2018, 8:38:11 AM5/24/18
to Fiddler
Hi,

I am using Fiddler 4. I want to add an SSL certificate to Fiddler.

I navigate to HTTPS tab:

Tools --> Options --> HTTPS

When I select "Decrypt HTTPS traffic", there is no option to add my SSL certificate. However, when selecting to "Decrypt HTTPS traffic" in fiddler, it still uses its own certificate.

Basically, I want to capture all the request which are right now I can't see because of the SSL certificate.

Please help me in doing it.

Thanks,
Naresh

EricLaw

May 24, 2018, 9:30:39 AM5/24/18
to Fiddler
Generally speaking, you don't add certificates to Fiddler. Fiddler automatically generates certificates for HTTPS interception.

Can you explain what problem you're having specifically?

Naresh Kumar

May 25, 2018, 10:09:49 PM5/25/18
to Fiddler
We are not able to decrypt the traffic which is using customer SSL certificate. So, we wanted to add customer certificate to the Fiddler so that we can decrypt the traffic.

Eric Lawrence

May 28, 2018, 3:05:24 PM5/28/18
to Fiddler
Please explain more fully why you believe that the traffic must be secured with the customer's SSL certificate?

In most cases, the certificate in use does not matter at all, so long as you've configured the client to trust Fiddler's root certificate.

Илья Резник

Dec 10, 2019, 8:14:35 AM12/10/19
to Fiddler
Some applications uses for encryption only integrated certificates or remote server accepts packets only signed with special certificate. So this applications will not work through proxy server.

EricLaw

Dec 16, 2019, 11:22:32 PM12/16/19
to Fiddler
Right; this is called certificate pinning. See http://fiddler.wikidot.com/certpinning for details.