Annoying proxywarning keep appearing for no reason

NeedHelp

Apr 7, 2017, 10:25:56 AM4/7/17
to Fiddler
Even though the Fiddler is working perfectly, the annoying proxy warning that says "The system proxy was changed. Click to reenable fiddler capture" keep appearing. I have reseted network settings, changed LAN settings and etc. but it still appearing. How can i disable the annoyance?

NeedHelp

Apr 7, 2017, 11:39:19 AM4/7/17
to Fiddler
Now it starts to blink orange in taskbar that never happened before. Soooo much annoyance...

Eric Lawrence

Apr 10, 2017, 2:40:15 PM4/10/17
to Fiddler
The yellow warning bar is shown if some other process on your system alters the registry key that holds the system proxy settings. You can use something like Process Monitor from SysInternals to see what process is touching the proxy keys while Fiddler is running. Common culprits include security and networking software.

If you really want, you can disable this warning by typing prefs set fiddler.proxy.watchregistry false in the QuickExec box, hitting enter, and restarting Fiddler. But keep in mind that this means you won't get any notice in Fiddler if it's no longer properly attached.

I don't know why Fiddler's icon is blinking in the task bar, as, in general Fiddler doesn't have that behavior. It's unclear whether you're claiming that this is related to the yellow warning bar.

Charles Nelsen

Aug 23, 2017, 1:01:51 PM8/23/17
to Fiddler
Hi Eric,

I need to change the LAN settings in IE11 to use an automatic configuration script instead of a Proxy server. Every time I make the change, I get the yellow warning bar in Fiddler that the "system proxy was changed, click to reenable capturing". If I click on the yellow warning bar, Fiddler changes the LAN setting back to Proxy server. Is there any way to get Fiddler to keep from changing the LAN settings or is the LAN setting Proxy server the only way it can connect to the browsers?

EricLaw

Aug 23, 2017, 1:12:37 PM8/23/17
to Fiddler
Fiddler chains to whatever proxy server you had before Fiddler starts. So close Fiddler, set your proxy settings to whatever you need, then restart Fiddler.

When you start Fiddler, Fiddler will take the system's current proxy settings to use as an upstream proxy, then set the system's proxy settings to point to itself. The request goes from the browser to Fiddler, which then forwards the request to the upstream proxy. When you close Fiddler, it reverts the system proxy to what it was before Fiddler started.