Replay HTTP traffic with timestamp updated

frank.jia...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2014, 3:10:34 PM10/20/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I plan to use Fiddler to capture HTTP traffic and replay it to test my HTTP cache application. In this case, I would like Fiddler autoresponder respond with saved data but with updated timestamp as well as cache header (e.g. expired).

Does this support by Fiddler? Is there a way for me to customize Fiddler for my purpose?

Thanks,
~Frank

EricLaw

Oct 20, 2014, 3:38:48 PM10/20/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Yes:

You can use Fiddler's AutoResponder feature to return previously-captured responses.

You can use Fiddler's Filters tab or FiddlerScript (Rules > Customize Rules) to edit response header values, from either live content or content you're playing back from the AutoResponder.

frank.jia...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2014, 12:39:55 PM10/21/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Eric for your quick response. I will try it.

One more question, does Fiddler allow user to control it through code?

Here is what I would like to do through code or powershell commands:

(1) Launch Fiddler with a saz file
(2) create autoresponder based on the file
(3) replay

In this way, I do not need to do it manually every time.

EricLaw

Oct 22, 2014, 8:55:32 PM10/22/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can do that using ExecAction.exe, or by writing a custom application atop FiddlerCore.