Fiddler/Core can't decode data from Chrome WebSockets

tosun...@gmail.com

May 20, 2018, 4:04:17 AM5/20/18
to Fiddler
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: permessage-deflate; client_max_window_bits

When the request header has compression enabled Fiddler and FiddlerCore fail to decode the payload in Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) but it works fine with Microsoft Edge.

The first image is from Chrome, the second one is from Edge.

EricLaw

May 24, 2018, 9:25:24 AM5/24/18
to Fiddler

tosun...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 11:17:11 AM5/24/18
to Fiddler
I think removing the Sec-WebSocket-Extensions header won't help because its already sent from the client, we just remove it before reaching the server.
Server may send uncompressed messages but the client can keep responding in compressed format?

Eric Lawrence

May 28, 2018, 3:06:43 PM5/28/18
to Fiddler
In a properly-functioning system, the client won't send compressed messages unless the server advertises that it supports them.

Jerry Lee Daniel

Dec 18, 2023, 4:24:48 PM12/18/23
to Fiddler
For Crypto Trading Investment Guidelines.
Business Administration
📱 Account Management
💳 Entrepreneurship
📈📉 Binary Options/Bitcoin Expert 💰 Loan
Best in stock marketing and Crypto currency investment.

NOTE: ONLY SERIOUS / ACTIVE TRADER CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+447487588816