Not able to see http traffic on mono Fiddler(v4.4.8.4)

sandeep goyal

Nov 17, 2017, 3:09:13 PM11/17/17
to Fiddler
Hi,

On Windows machine, I have used the below command on window terminal:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true

and start my application and I am able to see all http traffic . I can modify it using FiddlerScript and everything is working perfect.

Now I want to do the same thing on Ubuntu 16.04. I have installed the mono and fiddler(v4.4.8.4). I can see the c# script in Customize rule getting loaded.

However when I issue  the  below command on Ubuntu terminal

export JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true

and then stat my application, I can not see any http traffic related to my application.

I am able to see 200 response for Fiddler echo service(127.0.0.1:8888).

Could you please help me on that?

sandeep goyal

Nov 20, 2017, 1:52:17 PM11/20/17
to Fiddler
can anybody help me on this?

Eric Lawrence

Nov 20, 2017, 2:23:57 PM11/20/17
to Fiddler
Rather than trying to set the option useSystemProxies, why not explicitly tell Java what proxy to use?  e.g. something like

java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=127.0.0.1 -DproxyPort=8888 -Dhttps.proxyPort=8888 -Dhttps.proxyHost=127.0.0.1 -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=<path to FiddlerKeystore> -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<password> -jar test.jar

sandeep goyal

Nov 20, 2017, 5:08:17 PM11/20/17
to Fiddler
Hi Eric,

I have appassembler script(whuch internally contains all the classpath for Java jar).

Currently I tried Below command
export JAVA_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=127.0.0.1 -DproxyPort=8888

and then executes my appassembler script
\sam\abc

but didn't see any http script.

on the other hand, on windows 10, I am using below command :
set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
and then executes my appassembler script
/sam/abc.bat
and I can all http traffic on fiddler.

sandeep goyal

Nov 20, 2017, 5:16:24 PM11/20/17