Out of Memory Error occured when websocket capturing on Fiddler Core.

naoki fujita

Dec 5, 2015, 9:28:34 PM12/5/15
to Fiddler

I'm using FiddlerCore to capture realtime websocket JSON Data.

FiddlerCore works well and succeeds at capturing.

But I encountered Out of Memory exception

if I leaved my Program in a couple of days with High Frequency Traffic.

(Source code of my Program is attached [fiddlertestv0.4 websocketOOM.zip] )

I checked memory allocation by Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition,

[this is attached [memory allocation.png]]

From what I gather, Because List <fiddler.WebsocketMessage> is refferenced by Fiddler.WebSocket,

garbage collector cannot dispose it.

Is there anything that I can do to release this resources? Or do I misunderstand something?

I want solution for this problem.

Sorry to poor English and source code and thank you for reading.

fiddlertestv0.4 websocketOOM.zip
memory allocation.png

EricLaw

Dec 5, 2015, 10:49:07 PM12/5/15
to Fiddler
There are a variety of approaches you could take to fix this, but would I be correct in guessing that you've either compiled your application as 32bit (x86) or you're running on an x86 computer? (A 64bit process won't hit such an error with allocations so small).

naoki fujita

Dec 6, 2015, 2:21:27 AM12/6/15
to Fiddler
Hi Eric.
thanks for your quick response.

>but would I be correct in guessing that you've either compiled your application as 32bit (x86) or you're running on an x86 computer?

I make this program run on x64 computer (Win 7 home 64bit Operating System) with 16GB Memory.

Before your response,  I figured out building for "Any CPU" means that builded program runs as 64bit(x64) when it runs on x64 computer.
But this is wrong on .net 4.5.
I read this blog, and realized that [prefer 32-bit] checkbox must not be checked.

I'll try to rebuild my program and re-test it.
I'll report the result to this thread whether works well or not.

Thank you and best regards.