Nripendra Nath Newa

Sep 20, 2014, 9:09:44 AM9/20/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm facing two major when using system wide proxy settings in fiddlercore:

1. When using both fiddler and fiddlercore together, closing fiddler and an my application (using fiddler-core) doesn't remove the proxy settings. Thus, I'm having to remove it manually. Note, that I'm calling ShutDownn() when my application closes.

It seems my application and fiddler are conflicting with each other. Is there a way to resolve this conflict. I cannot guarantee fiddler and my application won't be used together in wild.

2. If by any chance my application (using fiddler-core) crashes, how to cleanup the proxy settings set my my application?

Regards.

EricLaw

Sep 21, 2014, 1:30:01 PM9/21/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Fiddler and FiddlerCore are both proxies; they chain to the existing proxy upon startup and unchain on shutdown.

If you start F and then FC, you must close FC before F. If you start FC and then start F, you must close F before FC.

If you don't shutdown in LIFO order, you will end up with a broken proxy chain.

If you crash your application without proper shutdown, restarting FiddlerCore will result in the recognition of the problem and clearing of the proxy settings. Or you could manually clear them if needed.