Proxy for C application

sandeep goyal

Nov 28, 2017, 1:02:15 AM11/28/17
to Fiddler
Hi,

Please let me know how we can set the proxy for C-application, so that we can see all traffic on Fiddler.

I am able to see all traffic for Java application by using command:
export JAVA_OPTS=”-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost= xx.xx.xx.xx -DproxyPort=8888” .

Thanks.

Eric Lawrence

Nov 28, 2017, 11:10:04 AM11/28/17
to Fiddler
How does the "C-application" talk to the internet? Almost all C/C++ applications use one of several HTTP libraries rather than talking directly to sockets.

sandeep goyal

Nov 28, 2017, 12:44:27 PM11/28/17
to Fiddler
C-application talking directly to the socket

EricLaw

Nov 28, 2017, 1:06:20 PM11/28/17
to Fiddler
What's the application?

If it's truly a C application that talks directly to a socket, then it may not support HTTP proxies (and many other features) at all; Such applications are rare, because corporations usually will not support deployment of applications that do not support proxies.

You'll need to check the documentation to see whether the developers offer a means of setting a proxy. If not, you can either run Fiddler as a Reverse Proxy, or you could use a "proxifier" type application to force traffic through Fiddler.