How to disable automatic proxy settings for browsers by Fiddler?

sjq

Jan 20, 2014, 7:49:37 AM1/20/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com

Fiddler makes automatic proxy settings for browsers. How to disable automatic settings for browsers especially for Internet Explorer?

I want to set manually proxy settings for browser that I want to use to debug http traffic. So: turn on when I need it and turn off when all was done.

EricLaw

Jan 20, 2014, 11:21:35 AM1/20/14
Untick the Tools > Fiddler Options > Connections > Act as System Proxy on Startup checkbox.

stefan w

Jan 17, 2015, 4:15:23 PM1/17/15
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
I don't even have Fiddler installed! And still it says so when I go to http://127.0.0.1:51281

So how do I fix this issue of mine? Shall I install Fiddler, set those setting and then uninstall perhaps?

EricLaw

Jan 20, 2015, 1:06:01 PM1/20/15
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Please step back and describe your situation exactly. Why do you think Fiddler is involved at all?

From the sounds of it, you have some malware on your computer, perhaps BrowserSafeguard or GeniusBox. These pieces of adware/malware will change your proxy settings and often end up on your computer without your explicit permission. To remove them, you need to find them in your Add/Remove Programs control panel and kill them.

Dan Konigsbach

Jun 30, 2020, 1:30:33 PM6/30/20
to Fiddler