Enterprise Deployment Options

Jonathan Caserta

Jun 12, 2014, 9:43:04 AM6/12/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to turn off autoupdates for Fiddler. I know you can check the box in the options but i was looking for an automation solution so I can turn it off during installation. Our environment do not allow regular users to just install updates.

EricLaw

Jun 12, 2014, 11:52:20 AM6/12/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
I always strongly encourage users to enable auto-update to ensure that they have the best experience with the product.

Having said that, to accommodate IT administrators, if HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fiddler2\ contains a Key named BlockUpdateCheck with value True then automatic updates are disabled and the user is not permitted to check for new versions using Fiddler itself.

Jonathan Caserta

Jun 12, 2014, 12:10:21 PM6/12/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Are there any other hidden registry key settings that we can set?

EricLaw

Jun 12, 2014, 1:29:22 PM6/12/14
Most of Fiddler's settings are ultimately registry-backed. This is one of a very limited set that isn't available in the UI, and it's one of only two settings designed explicitly for IT administration.

The other is defined here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/httpfiddler/saz$20registry/httpfiddler/RntHV77x80A/q4F-g7xysboJ basically, ForceViewerMode makes it so Fiddler can only run in Viewer mode (to allow display of SAZ files, but not capture of new traffic).

Jonathan Caserta

Jun 12, 2014, 2:24:09 PM6/12/14
to httpf...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.